Sign in to follow this  
John1604

IFly 737 FS2Crew for FS9 CTD error

Hello Support,

After purchasing bundle package FS2Crew iFly, version 1.2 (8 July 2011), I installed the version Voice in my FS9.
Then I installed the update version 2.3.
These are my flight system requirements: Intel Core i7-920 (4 x 2.666 GHz) - 6144 MB RAM with a graphics card: 2 x XFX Nvidia Geforce GTX 295 (1792MB), Windows XP 64bit (gaming edition), Flight Simulator 9.1, iFly 737 version 3.2.2
Before starting my FS9 I first started the iFly config tool and for all aircraft models enabled the voice.
At the 1st flight I was doing all right with a CTD at approach of an airport, with the popup message out of memory.
This should not really happen with 6GB of RAM in my system.
At the 3rd flight I was tired and did the whole program of FS2Crew have taken off again, I again installed the version 1.2 and 2.2 after reboot.
Unfortunately again after two flights, the CTD issue.
Again, remove the entire program and FS2Crew installed after a restart now only the version 1.2.
This might not benefit directly in my 1st flight again a CTD.
Meanwhile, remove all of FS2Crew and now after 3 flights fly no more problems with the CTD issue.

Now I ask myself what is wrong and I quite regret that I have made this purchase.
Hopefully someone from the team develepment FS2Crew something to tell what is wrong with this software in FS9.

Regards,
John

My home cockpit : http://www.john1604.nl

FS2Crew doesn't use much memory.

If you're getting OOMs, especially if its happening near an airport, points to scenery as the culprit, such as duplicate landclass.

Try the flight again, but at a different airport, such as a default one to try to isolate further the issue.

Dear Byork,

Sorry, it has nothing to do with this scenery EDDT from Aerosoft.

I have at the moment 919 sceneries installed in FS9 and I can tell you that I have quite a lot of knowledge of flight simulator.
Before I had installed FS2Crew, I have flown for more than three years without a CTD error over the hole world.
I fly so between 1000-1500 hours every year and do this hobby already for more than 30 years.
Perhaps a look at my website to see what all is installed.

Of course I have redone this flight without installing FS2Crew just installed RAAS Pro and it went again as of old, without a single problem.
That came at me on VATSIM has a lot of traffic had this time, which normally requires quite some fps.
Yesterday I made another 3 flights (PTRO-> PTKK & PTKK-> PKMJ & PKMJ-> NFFN) with a total flight time of more than 10 consecutive hours without a single problem.
There really is something wrong with this program and have been already read several reports about others who also have a CTD.

Regards,
John

My home cockpit : http://www.john1604.nl

Thanks Bryan,

I will make a support ticket, so we will see. :)

Regards,

John

I would like very much to thank Bryan for perfect handling of my problem and excellent customer friendliness of this organization FS2Crew. :cool:

I wish you all the best for the future with the development of the software.

Greetings

John