Sign in to follow this  
RobbieHe

Dilemma -- 747-200 or not?

I could not find Martinair on that site. Can you really get a 3-3-3 layout in a 767?RH

you're right. They get it from limiting seatpitch severely. I think I've seen a 333 767 though from another company, maybe Air Holland (defunct). KLM has seating for 222 pax in them, compared to 272 for Martinair...

There are a couple of Martinair 737-800s flying into Orlando. What is that all About? They are not flying those from AMS are they?RH

They would have to make a fuel stop, but is it possible that they would fly them to Orlando or use them in the US for another purpose?I saw them at Airliners.netRH

It's her first trip to England, so I don't think she would go for that (but I would ;).RH

I took a 707-120 from JFK to EGL in october of 1968, a 707-320b from RAF Mildenhall to McGuire, NJ in October 1972, a DC-8-63 from McGuire AFB (New Jersey) to Frankfurt Main ( a lay over) and then back to RAF Mildenhall in September 1974, and a DC-8-63 from RAF Mildenhall to McGuire AFB in July 1978... There have been many more since then... but those are the noteworthy ones.RH

Guest eddie123

I thought Virgin had phased out there 742 fleet and replaced them with 744`s and A340`s.Eddie

Guest eddie123

Really?Didn`t know that.Eddie

Well, that;s interesting to know. I guess I won't get my ride. An hour is too short to switch flights at MAN. Our bags would go though from Virgin Atlantic to Eastern Airways. However, we would be required to go through Customs, go the length of the airport, and then check in, go through security, and the board in the span of 30 minutes. RH