Sign in to follow this  
chrisfullerbdo

Lack of sound

Can anyone help??  When i am inside the cockpit..i hear all sounds nicely...for example gear up/down lever is very loud...if i then go outside i still hear this sound as if i was still inside the cockpit..This is confirmed as if i start the APU i do not hear anything outside??

I am using Chaseplane for my views and the new sound pack for the noises...but this happened before those were installed..

P3D version 3.4.18

in hope

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Well it seems Set HideInfoText=1 is already present in your .cfg file (otherwise you wouldn't have this sound issue) so find that existing entry and change it to =0

I'm an FSX user so I can't advise under which section it should be

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

OK since it appears that you are not familiar with the Prepar3D.cfg file.  Let's ensure that you have not disabled messages from within your P3D -> Options -> Settings -> General:  You must ensure that the first option is enabled, everything else can be unticked if you choose.  Also not know what version of the Q400 you have, one can only suspect that you have not made any changes to the SOUNDs option via the CPAN which is dedicated for the PRO Edition ONLY.  If none of the previously mentioned issues are culprit attempt to un-install Chase Plane and see if the problem persists.

Capture.JPG

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

I do have the Pro...but i have just selected the options as suggested above and all the sounds came to life....thankyou thankyou thankyou

very happy again..not a chase plane issue after all or a DASH issue but settings with p3d

Good to hear that you were able to get back in track.

Cheers

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos