Sign in to follow this  
torque2

Legacy product liveries?

Hello,

Yesterday I went to download some new liveries for my MD-11 and 747X.  I cannot find them in the downloads|Addon Iiveries section of PMDG's website, where they used to be.  Have they been moved somewhere else or are they gone forever?

David

CYXE

• Upvote 1

David, CYXE

Have you tried the Operations Center?

Pete Mac Paint

• Upvote 1

I don't think OC has Legacy integration... does it?

• Upvote 1

Sorry, a shot in the dark, I don't have the MD11 currently installed.  I've reached out to support and we're investigating.

Pete 'Mac Paint'

16 hours ago, torque2 said:

Hello,

Yesterday I went to download some new liveries for my MD-11 and 747X.  I cannot find them in the downloads|Addon Iiveries section of PMDG's website, where they used to be.  Have they been moved somewhere else or are they gone forever?

David

CYXE

I was in the Downloads-Addon Liveries section several weeks ago, and they were all there because I updated the MD11 and the 747v1...However, you are correct, the only items now are the DC6's and the BAE JS4100. While the 747v3 is the current flavour, I imagine lots of us?(well, maybe some of us...) still use the 747v1 and the MD11, so would be nice to see the repaints retained there 

Geoff Bryce

I too was looking for these liveries. It now seems like PMDG have dumped all their 747v1 and MD11 customers......

Well, maybe they forgot to put them back when doing some maintenance...or...have been "stored" some where while they are trying to get them downloadable via the Operations Center.... Or, they have decided to no longer provide them, and if so, maybe they can deposit them in the Avsim Library and we can visit there.

Geoff Bryce

22 hours ago, torque2 said:

Hello,

David

CYXE

Which ones do you want as I have several Legacy PMDG MD-11 liveries?  Please list and if I have it I will PM them to you.

• Upvote 1

Thanks but I found a third party livery in the Avsim library for my needs ( Qantas 747 RR).  But it's disappointing to see them removed from PMDG's website. I'm sure I'm not the only one perfectly happy with these 'obsolete' products.  First sales were suddenly cutoff, now the 'free liveries' are gone too, it seems.

David

CYXE

David, CYXE

David,

Sales weren't "suddenly cut off."  We announced 9 months ahead of time that the product was approaching end-of-life because of it's age and our inability to support it through the transition to Windows8.

At that time we also set an end-of-support date that passed more than a year ago.

We maintained archival downloads for free extensions for another 9-10 months after that.

Nothing about this was sudden...

Software companies do have to draw a line someplace...  We crossed that line with those very very old products.  Sorry!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

3 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

David,

Sales weren't "suddenly cut off."  We announced 9 months ahead of time that the product was approaching end-of-life because of it's age and our inability to support it through the transition to Windows8.

At that time we also set an end-of-support date that passed more than a year ago.

We maintained archival downloads for free extensions for another 9-10 months after that.

Nothing about this was sudden...

Software companies do have to draw a line someplace...  We crossed that line with those very very old products.  Sorry!

Robert, I appreciate your companies position. Maybe people with the v1 747 and MD11, including me, did not realise the removal of support, extended to the repaints withdrawal as well, as they are more self service, requiring no support.

It would be a nice gesture to put back the repaints for a further 1 month, with a published cutoff date and advise users to get what you want before this date. And rather than throw the fantastic quality repaints in the rubbish, recycle them into the AVSIM library.   

• Upvote 2

Geoff Bryce

I agree with Geoff- I understand the cut off of support for two very old products, but I didn't anticipate it all to go away all of a sudden. I second the idea of another week or month for those of us still using those products to download and back up these liveries please. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

33 minutes ago, Tatave said:

I agree with Geoff- I understand the cut off of support for two very old products, but I didn't anticipate it all to go away all of a sudden. I second the idea of another week or month for those of us still using those products to download and back up these liveries please. 

As Robert said it wasn't all of a sudden. It just seems sudden now that you need it.

Richie Walsh

Poor wording on my part. What I meant was that I did expect the product and support to go away, but I didn't expect the 'self-serve' section to go away. Just wondering, was it announced that the liveries and other downloads would be taken down? I might have missed an announcement. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg