Sign in to follow this  
simtom

Scenery messed up

Hello,

Today I updated my PMDG 747 QOTSII and all of sudden my scenery is messed up. I'm not blaming anyone here, it could just be pure coincidence. 

Below you can find some pictures which clearly show my problem.
pqrPoFZ.png wQsvb4M.png eh7FkJp.png

The only scenery add-on I'm using is Orbx's Iceland Demo. These pictures were taken around Las Vegas, so I don't think it has anything to do with it.
Other add-ons I use:
- REX 4
- Active Sky Next
- GSX

Any advice on how to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

38 minutes ago, spesimen said:

99% sure it's the orbx stuff. maybe it hasn't been fully updated for the v3 central or the migration didn't work right.... .looks like your terrain.cfg got corrupted ... there is a fix to try, outlined here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79004-resolving-rapid-ground-texture-morphing/

cheers

-andy crosby

Thank you for linking me to that article but unfortunately that didn't work for me.

The weird thing is though that this only occurs in the Las Vegas region. I tried KSFO and KDEN and there the terrain is normal. 

I haven't installed any scenery add-ons that improve that region. I do have a scenery update for KLAS but that doesn't explain why other airports in the region are having the same issue.

There is only one terrain.cfg file, right?

well, other airports in the region may be using the same texture mappings. the terrain.cfg is basically saying "if the sim says this is desert, use this texture" (well... more complicated than that, but you get the idea) so if those mappings are conflicting it will cause that sort of issue. for some reason the entries your scenery is using are pointing to textures that are probably for the iceland area. i don't know for sure, i have only had this problem once before and the above rebuild fixed it.

if the demo included the vfx central v3 you might want to try this:

go to settings..scroll down

press the "force a re-migration of your unified lclookup" "force migration" button.. that may re-map the conflicting textures to the right spot.

other than that i'm not really sure, i have the full orbx global and haven't really tried the demo version so i'm not sure what else is different.

maybe double check that the order of things in your scenery library is looking good. 

otherwise you might want to post at the orbx forum and see if somebody there has better ideas

cheers

-andy crosby

14 hours ago, spesimen said:

well, other airports in the region may be using the same texture mappings. the terrain.cfg is basically saying "if the sim says this is desert, use this texture" (well... more complicated than that, but

you get the idea) so if those mappings are conflicting it will cause that sort of issue. for some reason the entries your scenery is using are pointing to textures that are probably for the iceland area. i don't know for sure, i have only had this problem once before and the above rebuild fixed it.

if the demo included the vfx central v3 you might want to try this:

go to settings..scroll down

press the "force a re-migration of your unified lclookup" "force migration" button.. that may re-map the conflicting textures to the right spot.

other than that i'm not really sure, i have the full orbx global and haven't really tried the demo version so i'm not sure what else is different.

maybe double check that the order of things in your scenery library is looking good. 

otherwise you might want to post at the orbx forum and see if somebody there has better ideas

cheers

-andy crosby

I tried that as well but had no succes.

I eventually removed everything from Orbx and now the terrain is no longer messed up.

Thanks for your help, Andy.