Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

RAAS Volume and ND Track

I've been informed by the developer of RAAS that the locked version in the 747 is volume-locked as well.  IOW, a sound setting in the PMDG controls the master volume for the RAAS.  Does anyone know which volume setting this would be?  I mean certain flight deck sounds are plenty loud (GPWS, alarms), yet the RAAS is barely audible to me.  All my volumes are set to 100, except wind, ambient, engine, and master. 

Also, when doing certain "direct-to" entries, I get a bizarre track on the ND and need to jump into HDG mode.  Is this normal?

2017_3_11_0_31_13_902.jpg

https://postimg.org/image/jn1fvyj7h/

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I asked about the locked RAAS volume and was informed its a bug to be addressed.  In P3D, when I go add ons>RASS Professional there is a master volume option but after I set/increase this, it immediately resets to its locked volume.

spacer.png

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:33 PM, Orlaam said:

Also, when doing certain "direct-to" entries, I get a bizarre track on the ND and need to jump into HDG mode.  Is this normal?

It's normal that with the extremely tight turn at BCOVE the ND rendering and airplane might do anything. However, I believe the airplane no matter the route is going to end up at LYCOM, TAANK, and so on down the line. Once it gets that tight turn out of the way everything so be alright. You might want to consider putting a PBD waypoint 90 degrees to left of BCOVE at about 5 miles from BCOVE. It should then go to the PBD waypoint first and then BCOVE. I know it's not direct BCOVE but I think that is the best that can be done.

14 hours ago, Boomer said:

I asked about the locked RAAS volume and was informed its a bug to be addressed.  In P3D, when I go add ons>RASS Professional there is a master volume option but after I set/increase this, it immediately resets to its locked volume.

I was told by the FS2Crew RAAS developer that the volume is locked by PMDG. IOW, PMDG controls the master volume.  This is unfortunate because it's so quiet in relation to the other sounds in how I've set it up. I really only turned down the wind, engines and overall sound to be quiet enough to hear ATC. The alarms and cockpit switches, TCAS and all are plenty loud. 

I wish we could get the option to turn it up with the RAAS menu.  Kinda lame that the volume is locked. IMO only the product be locked, not the options. 

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

13 hours ago, pcubine said:

It's normal that with the extremely tight turn at BCOVE the ND rendering and airplane might do anything. However, I believe the airplane no matter the route is going to end up at LYCOM, TAANK, and so on down the line. Once it gets that tight turn out of the way everything so be alright. You might want to consider putting a PBD waypoint 90 degrees to left of BCOVE at about 5 miles from BCOVE. It should then go to the PBD waypoint first and then BCOVE. I know it's not direct BCOVE but I think that is the best that can be done.

Ok but it's not the first time the 744 has drawn a silly awkward track when intercepting from certain angles. It's done it to me on 90 degree angles which seems unrealistic. None of the previous PMDG or other add ons from multiple developers since 2002 when I started did this. Just curious. 

- Chris

23 minutes ago, Orlaam said:

Ok but it's not the first time the 744 has drawn a silly awkward track when intercepting from certain angles.

True......

sillyline.jpg

:blush:

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

The latest version of RAAS, which I believe was distributed via the Ops Center, corrects a bug associated with the Master Volume slider not saving its position.

Note, however, that the PMDG 777 and 747 interface with RAAS directly via the RAAS SDK, and it appears these aircraft are overriding RAAS's saved volume setting.

6 hours ago, Orlaam said:

None of the previous PMDG or other add ons from multiple developers since 2002 when I started did this.

Look at the screenshot in the first post. This is from the 777. You also might find the rest of thread interesting -

And I thought I was doing something wrong all this time when a Picasso inspired approach track shows up. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

6 hours ago, byork said:

The latest version of RAAS, which I believe was distributed via the Ops Center, corrects a bug associated with the Master Volume slider not saving its position.

It was. Watched it go in myself.

Thanks Bryan!

Kyle Rodgers

Ok, so the ND tracking draw is normal.  That's all I wanted to know since I've never seen such useless tracks before. 

How about the RAAS volume Kyle?  Will PMDG allow us to adjust this because it's too quiet on my end.  

Thanks. 

- Chris