Sign in to follow this  
Paraffin

X-Plane 11 pb15 is out

well to be honest I am running a 970 with a i7 2600 oc to 4.6 so not so good these days, new system later this year when I decide what platform to go with..of course any system with full overcast clouds will suffer, but I am only using the default planes on the demo so only KSEA area flown..i lock my fps to 30 via NI it helps a lot...but the object updates near airports etc seem to cause a pause/ stutter briefly...and no doubt my system is to blame but was not so bad before...

Will keep adding the Beta's until RTM then see what is what..

All the best

47 minutes ago, FLAPS15 said:

Clouds seem a lot better, performance hit ...yes...however I am noticing more of a pause/ stutter with the rendering of the ground and objects now? than in previous Beta releases.

Same here. I never had stutters in previous betas, but now I'm getting a brief pause every now and then. From a steady frame rate of 35-45 fps it will suddenly pause for a half-second, show frames stuttering down to 11 fps or so, then it picks up again. I think there is a slight shift to the lighting at that point too, so it might be tied to moving in and out of cloud shadow? I dunno. 

I'll file a bug report after a bit more flying, to see if I can pin down the conditions where it happens.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

2 hours ago, Janov said:

lol, thats why we are already at pb15, lol

I get that but what kind of quality control is there ar LR?

Don't they see that or do they not care?
Especially for someone who has pride himself for over 15 years on having great flight physics in the sim (using rather rudimentary first order aero code nonetheless shall I say)

Minos

Guest Mik75

My suggestion would be, that some of you guys just wait for the final release. It's not a wise idea to use an open beta as a main sim platform! 

Remember that LR is very open about things like performance in the beta version. And they offer you a free copy of XPX, in its final, super stable version, so you can use this along with XP11. 

Many people jumped onboard with the release of XP11 open beta. While this is a good thing for sure, some just don't seem to understand the idea of the beta program, and the resulting changes in sim, addon airplane, etc. performance happening from version to version.

48 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

Same here. I never had stutters in previous betas, but now I'm getting a brief pause every now and then. From a steady frame rate of 35-45 fps it will suddenly pause for a half-second, show frames stuttering down to 11 fps or so, then it picks up again. I think there is a slight shift to the lighting at that point too, so it might be tied to moving in and out of cloud shadow? I dunno. 

I'll file a bug report after a bit more flying, to see if I can pin down the conditions where it happens.

I'd say, that at that time you see a pause, and your FPS getting 'halved'......check out your hard drive monitor light...and it will be blazing.  You are loading in scenery, to fly ahead of your flight path.  It loads...and then your FPS stabilize once more.

4 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I'd say, that at that time you see a pause, and your FPS getting 'halved'......check out your hard drive monitor light...and it will be blazing.  You are loading in scenery, to fly ahead of your flight path.  It loads...and then your FPS stabilize once more.

No, that's not it. I'm familiar how pre-loading .dsf files can pause the sim if there isn't enough RAM, and I used to get a tiny pause when that happened back in XP10 on an older computer. RAM is the cure for that, and I have 32 GB in my current system. 

I never had scenery pre-loading stutters in any of the previous XP11 betas. It started just now, with the only change being the new clouds in pb14 and 15. I'm not running any other plugins or dataref hacks, just vanilla XP11 pb15 and whatever plugins are used by each plane model.

25 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

No, that's not it. I'm familiar how pre-loading .dsf files can pause the sim if there isn't enough RAM, and I used to get a tiny pause when that happened back in XP10 on an older computer. RAM is the cure for that, and I have 32 GB in my current system. 

I never had scenery pre-loading stutters in any of the previous XP11 betas. It started just now, with the only change being the new clouds in pb14 and 15. I'm not running any other plugins or dataref hacks, just vanilla XP11 pb15 and whatever plugins are used by each plane model.

as i mentioned in the other thread i get these big pauses as well usually at cruise while enjoing 35-50 fps. I just upgraded to 32GB so its not a not enough RAM issue. I thought maybe my SSD isnt running as it should be but I ran the benchmarks and its blaing fast. I really think there is a bug somewhere since pb9 or so.

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

XP11. pb15 - For my setup FPS=21 to 23.  so far pb13 was best fps at 25-26.  hoping the final ver hits around 30 would be good.

System: i7 3.4ghz, 16gb ram, GTX 1070

1 hour ago, Paraffin said:

I never had scenery pre-loading stutters in any of the previous XP11 betas. It started just now, with the only change being the new clouds in pb14 and 15.

I noticed the new clouds seem to load differently than the old ones. When changing weather, the old clouds took some seconds to draw, but they would not produce stutters (as if they were being drawn asynchronously). When I change weather with the new clouds instead, there is a big pause (several seconds on my old PC) and then the new clouds appear.

Maybe the drawing and update of clouds is the reason for the stutters?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

25 minutes ago, Murmur said:

I noticed the new clouds seem to load differently than the old ones. When changing weather, the old clouds took some seconds to draw, but they would not produce stutters (as if they were being drawn asynchronously). When I change weather with the new clouds instead, there is a big pause (several seconds on my old PC) and then the new clouds appear.

Maybe the drawing and update of clouds is the reason for the stutters?

I think that's probably it. I've been flying with static weather, no updates during flight for real weather. Mostly scattered cumulus, nothing very heavy. The only change in cloud appearance is the way they look as the plane moves through different altitudes from takeoff to landing, but that's enough to trigger whatever's happening here. 

6 hours ago, Minos said:

I get that but what kind of quality control is there ar LR?

Don't they see that or do they not care?
Especially for someone who has pride himself for over 15 years on having great flight physics in the sim (using rather rudimentary first order aero code nonetheless shall I say)

Minos

A bit premature to gripe about "quality control" when it's still in beta.  If you see a problem then submit a bug report.  If you have no stomach for beta testing then stick with XP10 for the time being.

• Upvote 2

.. this Sim drive me nuts ..run the latest update restarted the Rig, fire up the Sim and I'm down to 3-5FPS (yes, 3-5FPS) ...... cross my heart I did nothing but updating ... is this what RL meant Optimization ???

Bottom line, this thing is not flyable ... I guess I'll tow it back to the hangar, get some Popcorn & cup of coffee at the Executive-Terminal (KSPS) and wait  ... unless of course you guys have any other ideas .....lol

8 hours ago, Richdem said:

The ground friction is nuts in PB13.

It is almost like the aircraft are super-glued to the tarmac lol

here too.... you need to apply full throttle to get it moving ....  on the other hand, I noticed that my little Cessna is moving forward even with the Engine is off   ... weird

8 hours ago, strider1 said:

1800x ! And a Asus x370 pro. Overclocked to 4.1ghz, I think I can go higher ! My AIO is doing a good job of of keeping temps down. I need a new GPU. The 1080ti looks tempting ! But I want to wait for Vega since Nvidia doesn't support freesync. Freesync 2 is going to be a game changer for using TVs as monitors next year !

.... but as fare as I know, AMD GPU dosn't do so well with openGL, no ?? 

7 hours ago, FLAPS15 said:

well to be honest I am running a 970 with a i7 2600 oc to 4.6 so not so good these days, new system later this year when I decide what platform to go with..of course any system with full overcast clouds will suffer, but I am only using the default planes on the demo so only KSEA area flown..i lock my fps to 30 via NI it helps a lot...but the object updates near airports etc seem to cause a pause/ stutter briefly...and no doubt my system is to blame but was not so bad before...

Will keep adding the Beta's until RTM then see what is what..

All the best

..sorry, but what's wrong with a Rig that is running at 4.6GHZ and a nice, considerably, modern GTX970, do we need  something like the supercomputer "TaihuLight" to run this Sims ???????