Sign in to follow this  
Shand359

Legacy Liveries

Am I to assume that the liveries for the MD11 and 747 v1 have been removed from the site? Can I also assume that as a customer who bought those aircraft I have now also been dumped. I still regularly like to fly those aircraft and I would prefer to still be able to pick and chose which livery I fly in...... Due to my personal circumstances now and my disability I am unable to afford to update the aircraft I love to fly...... now it seems I can no longer change its livery either.....

Hi

I do have a few of the FSX liveries for the MD-11 (15 liveries and possibly more as I have another back-up for them) and the 74X (59 Liveries that I have on my system at present) but I am not sure about the legality of my forwarding them on to you, you could try contacting PMDG to see what the rules and EULA allow in these circumstances and if it turns out that it is OK by the good folk at PMDG then I don’t have a problem uploading them for you.

Jim Hodkinson

I was pretty miffed to see this myself. I understand that a product cycle is what it is and you can't keep things going forever. But it was annoying to see them just vanish without a warning since the older one is a perfectly flyable and functional airplane. It would've been nice if they could've just dumped them somewhere if they don't want to host them. I am not in any financial situation to pay almost 100$ for an upgrade either, so it feels like a kick in the teeth for a loyal customer to just make them go poof.

(I mean, it looks like it's a damned impressive upgrade, but it's still just an upgrade. I don't need two different functional 747's and I'm not planning on putting down a full price for it.)

Pii Anttonen

Good catch, I even managed to get a couple that I had not backed up, so thanks for the information and the link.

Jim Hodkinson