Sign in to follow this  
urgeflaske

Running away..

Hi,

When turning on the engine the plane starts rolling. Even with the throttle at idle and parking brake set. Yoke is set up with FSUIPC. Always had this problem with Carenados prop planes, never with other companies. Anyone know a solution?

In addition to that try to open the condition lever as little as possible (2-5%) during start to reduce the fuel flow and hence the gross torque overshoot during engine start. 

e.g. for some reason i can't get my hardware throttle to from 0% to 100% in FSX only from 1% to 99% which does make a difference. Especially in the start up case.

No  such problem in P3D.

1 hour ago, urgeflaske said:

Hi,

When turning on the engine the plane starts rolling. Even with the throttle at idle and parking brake set. Yoke is set up with FSUIPC. Always had this problem with Carenados prop planes, never with other companies. Anyone know a solution?

I've found that Version 2 of the PC-12 is a bit better with the start-up torque. But yeah, pretty much just crack the condition lever to avoid the rolling start. I typically go to about 5% (if  you have tool tips enable) and then I'll adjust to 30-40% for taxi and then the 100% when on the runway.

• Upvote 1

Sorry to bring back a necro, but the only way I've found to combat this is to pop it into beta for a second or two right as it starts up, then to idle.  Nothing else seems to get it to do anything but take me on a half mile ride at 35 knots with the parking brakes on.

I'm having the same problem with the parking brake. Despite setting it with CTRL+Period it doesn't engage the brake lever on the centre console. It should.

This means the brake needs to be set on the aircraft itself despite me having GoFlight modules with a switch specifically for the P/B.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

The parking brake handle is next to your left knee..

Left knee? Left of the pilot? What's that to the right of the pilot on the centre console?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Left knee? Left of the pilot? What's that to the right of the pilot on the centre console?

depends on  where your  sitting :)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

5 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

depends on  where your  sitting :)

Doesn't the pilot usually occupy the left-hand seat?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

52 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Doesn't the pilot usually occupy the left-hand seat?

Depends on how much he's had to drink the night before.  

Yes, you are correct, usually the left seat.  Helicopters are different though, wonder why? 

\Robert Hamlich/

1 hour ago, HUSSAR said:

Yes, you are correct, usually the left seat.  Helicopters are different though, wonder why? 

Because helicopters are not airplanes, they are different.  Airplanes fly, helicopters just beat the air into submission, so the cockpit arrangement is backwards, just to remind you that it is not an airplane. :biggrin:

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.