Sign in to follow this  
urgeflaske

Running away..

11 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

The parking brake handle is next to your left knee..

My mistake. I've now found the p/b and it does indeed respond to CTRL+Period. So what is that lever with a red cap on the extreme left of the centre console? It's marked Manual Override.

Still investigating the ADF issue.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The manual override lever controls engine power in case of a engine fuel control unit or PCL malfunction.

Since these failures aren't modelled the lever doesn't move.

Btw, the Alabeo Seminole is one of their best planes and since it has counter rotating propellers it's flying perfectly straight like a jet ;)

Highly recommended.

7 minutes ago, J35OE said:

The manual override lever controls engine power in case of a engine fuel control unit or PCL malfunction.

Since these failures aren't modelled the lever doesn't move.

Btw, the Alabeo Seminole is one of their best planes and since it has counter rotating propellers it's flying perfectly straight like a jet ;)

Highly recommended.

Sorry but the lever does move for me. Full forward and full aft. Perhaps it doesn't control a function but it does move when clicked.

Anyway, I've got a solution to the ADF problem. Updated to the latest GoFlight software and I can now dial in the ADF on the GF166 which gets transferred to the standby ADF frequency. Pressing the double-arrow transfers it to the active ADF.

Thanks for the recommendation on the Seminole.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

16 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Sorry but the lever does move for me. Full forward and full aft. Perhaps it doesn't control a function but it does move when clicked.

Oh, ok. I never clicked it because there wasn't a need to ;)

Btw, the pilots an a real airplane always sits on the left (or in the center) and many airliners like e.g. can be taxied only from the left seat because in most cases the steering tiller is only on the LH side.

14 minutes ago, J35OE said:

Oh, ok. I never clicked it because there wasn't a need to ;)

Btw, the pilots an a real airplane always sits on the left (or in the center) and many airliners like e.g. can be taxied only from the left seat because in most cases the steering tiller is only on the LH side.

Agreed. I visit a friend who has a 737 cockpit and feel helpless when sat in the right seat as even my long arms can't reach the tiller. :sad:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

19 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

And now we know!  Thanks for posting the link to the article.  I always wondered about it.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.