Hey guys would it be worth it if i was to sell both my evga gtx titans sc sli

For one of these?

Cheers

Mike 

Too early to say, but at least you should consider it. I'd rather wait for the first reports from actual buyers.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Hey guys would it be worth it if i was to sell both my evga gtx titans sc sli

For one of these?

Cheers

Mike 

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Hi guys n Girls,

This is probably not really relevant but has anyone noticed that in none of these assessment videos does a Flightsim game get a mention.  So is there any co-relation or comparison which is relevant to flight simmers and if so, which is the game to equate with say ... Xplane or P3D?. To be fair, the same applies to the AMD vs Intel CPUs,  It would be nice to see  a comparison done just with one or more of the flight sim programmes using the new CPUs and the GPUs.

This does not, of course, help the OP but I thought it was worth a mention and apologise if it is considered off topic

Regards

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

There is no way to benchmark Flight Sim, to begin it is not a game it is way more complex, one could just test it out of the box but that would be a waste. The moment you start adding addons you FPS will go down and it doesn't matter if 32 or 64 bit  so the rule of thumb is to get the best hardware you can afford or know your limitations. 

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

I don't think any of our 32bit flightsims will benefit too much from this, as they are heavily cpu-driven, though you might get some joy at higher resolutions......

XPX and XPXI will almost certainly get a boost, but the current civilian sim that will probably really take full advantage of this will be Aerofly FS2

J Van E reported that when he switched from a 780 to a 1080 he received a 30% boost in X-Plane, but a 90% boost in Aerofly FS2

I'm thinking of grabbing one of these when the partner cards arrive (the founders editions have no style) and I expect my framerates to be outrageous.

You can also see from these benchmarks that while 4K is all the rage.... BOY do your framerates pay for it!

I personally think 1440 is much more reasonable.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, mikeymike said:

I guess.there wouldnt be much of gain from my 2x titans sc in sli to a 1080ti?

Except on your electric bill, and that's why I am keeping my 3 titans x sli.

Angeli662,

My goodness, your computer is a monster. what do you use it for mainly and how do you configure your screens.

If at all possible, could you pm me with some pictures of it with sim loaded.  You cannot see from my avatar but I am using 6 monitors/displays but can only manage to fly with FS9.1 in this configuration.

Do you think it possible to drive more monitors with your system (given Flightsim CPU usage) I was considering upgrading to a dual cpu system and two by 1080ti's but this may be too expensive for me given that the only things I would not have to replace would be the case and the PSU.

Any thoughts?

Reason for PM is that I believe we may be going off topic here.

Regards

Tony Chilcott 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.