Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Scenery question

What does the Honolulu Int airport look like in the stock  x11? Also are there anymore airports, stock, like the demo one with all the vehicles moving and service trucks attending to your plane?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

9 minutes ago, warbirds said:

What does the Honolulu Int airport look like in the stock  x11? Also are there anymore airports, stock, like the demo one with all the vehicles moving and service trucks attending to your plane?

Here's a quick shot at that airport. I don't have any AI aircraft enabled, so this is just whatever is there as static aircraft. Looks great at night too.

Honalulu%20Intl.png

I didn't check whether moving vehicles are activated here. That will take a while for the major airports in the default scenery, because each one has to be hand-edited and re-submitted to the Gateway.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Also are there anymore airports, stock, like the demo one with all the vehicles moving and service trucks attending to your plane?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Paul,

You may find this one useful:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/21287-honolulu-intl-phnl/

I have this in my arsenal of add-on airport content and after install and testing, it's a decent step up from default.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Thanks that looks great but not having the full version yet I would like to know how many stock airports are like the Demo Seattle KSEA that has static aircraft and moving vehicles as well as support vehicles. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Well according to users at the org, the demo only provides mesh scenery for the KSEA region, so you are limited as such.

So if you are wondering how many other stock airports provide as much detail as the KSEA airport, the answer is not many, though if you browse the org, there are quite a lot of revamped airports created by fellow users.  MisterX6 has a few wonderful full-featured airports for download, and are also free.  I've built up quite a collection of free and donationware airports in the past few months with quite a bit of detail.

Edited by Jimm
Re-read previous post

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Yes of course,,but I meant if I buy the full version  how many airports will it have that are like the live KSEA airport?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

2 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Yes of course,,but I meant if I buy the full version  how many airports will it have that are like the live KSEA airport?

You responded before I could submit my edit to my previous post.  Look above and maybe this helps a little more.

Thanks! About MrX, does his wonderful airports work ok in x11?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

1 minute ago, warbirds said:

Thanks! About MrX, does his wonderful airports work ok in x11?

You will find that 99.9% of the time, scenery is cross compatible with XP11, with the only caveat being, that you need to keep your libraries up to date, but since you would be starting out fresh, you'll get the latest versions of the libraries.  It is also important to pay close attention to what libraries are needed, which are usually specified within the scenery posting at the org.

One other tidbit of useful info:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/90776-master-list-of-libraries/

The above link will provide a great starting point to gathering the most popular and used libraries among the designers airports, and it always a good idea to bookmark this for future reference.  The amount of libraries is large, but I haven't seen an uptick in their expansion, so with that said, you should be able to download and archive most all of what you need to run the scenery provided at the org.  It's always a good idea to do a "checklist" rundown of what the new scenery requires to what you already have, so you don't duplicate your efforts. :biggrin: