Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[13MAR17] [UPDATED] Faults when running the Operation Center and/or the OC based Product Updaters AND WHAT TO DO...

17 hours ago, Boomer said:

2017/04/03 13:31:26 [PMDG 1] From remote: Gauges\PMDG_747QOTSII.dll to Z:\Prepar
3D v3\Gauges\PMDG_747QOTSII.dll, size 227833KB

Here's that dll we were talking about earlier, btw.

And yes. Looks like it's failing on the largest file of the group due to the speed between you and the server. The updates to the process should help this.

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

Here's that dll we were talking about earlier, btw.

And yes. Looks like it's failing on the largest file of the group due to the speed between you and the server. The updates to the process should help this.

Roger that, brother Kyle.

spacer.png

Unfortunately still no luck.  download window appears and all seems well (Disabled A/V software)
and then at any stage of the update the window will close down without any warnings.
It just drops out.
Just a heads up... Will keep trying ....

Cheers, Rick

Same problem here, updating failed 5 times with file number 5....

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, LarsA said:

Same problem here, updating failed 5 times with file number 5....

Same problem here. (400 Mbits bandwith)

15 hours ago, BesterChef said:

Same problem here. (400 Mbits bandwith)

400 Mbits internet speed means little to nothing. I know it seems like it should mean something, but it's about the same as having a 80mph highway between you and a highway interchange to put you on other highways. It's fast, but if you need to go through that interchange to go 2000 miles, that 2000 miles is still gonna take a while.

That's your connection speed between you and your ISP. If your data bits need to travel all the way around the globe to get to our server, that 400 Mbits speed is going to be quite a lot lower in practice, and that's the crux of the issue.

This is why I keep mentioning that we're changing the way we distribute the files so that they're further out in the Amazon AWS network (and therefore closer to the end user, and their super-speedy connection).

Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello,  I have read the previous threads on this Topic but my problem is not mentioned. Yesterday and today I have been using the OC to download a few Liveries and when the OC opens there is a notification of an Update available, so rather than ignore it I proceed with the installation and in no way interfere with the process. In a few minutes the update finishes without any errors or notices, however, I saw that on each download stated FSX-300.8189 Update. Surely there is something amiss here. Regards.

16 minutes ago, richard welsh said:

Surely there is something amiss here.

I'm having trouble following what you're asserting is an issue.

The current version is 3.00.8189. If you select the 747 in the drop down on the left side of the OC, and the click on Version, what does it say your version is?

If you're using both FSX and FSX:SE, the updater actually updates both at the same time (downloads everything into FSX and then copies all of that into your FSX:SE install to save you time over downloading it all over again into FSX:SE). The OC is not fully aware of this, so if it tells you to update FSX:SE, too, it simply launches the updater, which sees you're already up to date and closes. The message should then clear in the OC.

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

If you're using both FSX and FSX:SE, the updater actually updates both at the same time (downloads everything into FSX and then copies all of that into your FSX:SE install to save you time over downloading it all over again into FSX:SE). The OC is not fully aware of this, so if it tells you to update FSX:SE, too, it simply launches the updater, which sees you're already up to date and closes. The message should then clear in the OC.

I was almost ready to ask about this three days ago, but went in to the FSX:SE folders to see when the files had been last modified, then went into the simulator and confirmed that it had already been updated when I did the FSX update.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Hello Kyle, I am not patronising you but I usually admire the knowledge you have acquired for PMDG products etc, but my Post today is really a stumper. After initially Posting, I did a short flight in the Queen. When finished I returned to the Forum and read your reply, thereafter, I opened the OC and found the Update again in the notifications. I then went to the Version section and therein stated Installed 3.00.8132 and Available 3.00.8189 I duly installed the "new" Update without any interruption and when completed went back to the Version section and guess what it contained, Installed 3.008132, Available 3.00.8189. I think I have been very civil in this matter. Regards

Edited by richard welsh
Forgot to mention I only use FSX

9 hours ago, richard welsh said:

I then went to the Version section and therein stated Installed 3.00.8132 and Available 3.00.8189 I duly installed the "new" Update without any interruption and when completed went back to the Version section and guess what it contained, Installed 3.008132, Available 3.00.8189.

Running the OC as an admin?

9 hours ago, richard welsh said:

I think I have been very civil in this matter.

Was this called into question at some point? Earlier, I simply said I was having trouble following what you were calling out as an issue. In other words, after reading, I was not completely sure where your issue was, or what you were attempting to call attention to. As such, it was simply a prompt to hopefully come back and add detail.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello Kyle,  I will just ask the question, is there a reason why the Update 3..00.8189 listed in the Version as being available, not installing properly in the OC. Regards

2 hours ago, richard welsh said:

Hello Kyle,  I will just ask the question, is there a reason why the Update 3..00.8189 listed in the Version as being available, not installing properly in the OC. Regards

Is  this  what yours looks like

Capture.png

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hello Peter, In answer briefly to your question -No. I am sorry I cant show a screenshot like you have done, due to lack of knowledge as to how. I have just opened the OC at this time with the Update still showing in the Notification section waiting to be installed. I have ignored it for the moment. I opened  the Version section and it is exactly the same as previously mentioned in my original Post. I then opened the FSX Changelog PMDG 747V3 which shows Version V3.00.8189 which to me is a bit odd and seems to contradict the previous data. This is the best I can do for the time being. Sorry for the conflict of opinions. Regards.

32 minutes ago, richard welsh said:

Hello Peter, In answer briefly to your question -No. I am sorry I cant show a screenshot like you have done, due to lack of knowledge as to how.

Hit Print Screen on your keyboard, open up a basic program like Microsoft Paint, save image. Go to an image hosting site like Photobucket or Imageshack, upload it there, then post the link here.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.