Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[13MAR17] [UPDATED] Faults when running the Operations Center and/or the OC based Product Updaters AND WHAT TO DO...

On Saturday, April 01, 2017 at 9:08 AM, jeansy said:

Thats as far as I get every time

Image134.png

re downloading the v3 QOSII  installer will give me the most upto date version or  even downloading the exe file wont matter because I will have to try again with this update?????

It stops here for me as well, the window just closes after a little while without finishing the update, cause next time I run the OC it says the update is available.

I am on cable broadband in a g7 country, 250 mbps down and 25 mbps up.

spacer.png

46 minutes ago, Boomer said:

It stops here for me as well, the window just closes after a little while without finishing the update, cause next time I run the OC it says the update is available.

I am on cable broadband in a g7 country, 250 mbps down and 25 mbps up.

Are you guys using wifi connection when updating? If so try wired connection. If wifi connection drops momentarily, update don't complete and window closes..

10 minutes ago, ckaratr said:

Are you guys using wifi connection when updating? If so try wired connection. If wifi connection drops momentarily, update don't complete and window closes..

Valid question.  For me, on LAN.

spacer.png

I'm using an ethernet connection with 5.76 mbps download, just tested it.  Pretty slow I reckon.

Jack Sawyer

I finally got mine to complete after several attempts, I gave up and let it run over night, come morning it was at 57 of 65 and finished up a lil later on

for info im on a wired network at 50mbs here in OZ, it mustve been a bad day to do the update I guess

all good and its runs fine and im not getting the same amount of OOMs like I was prior to the patch

for me personally I prefer a downloadable exe for updates over this method that takes hours

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

41 minutes ago, jeansy said:

I gave up and let it run over night

I don't have that option as mine just gives up and closes after hanging for about 5 minutes (times out?).

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

Is there any possibility to download update without operation center ?

For me it is not possible to do that via OP ...

Artur 

29 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

Is there any possibility to download update without operation center ?

Not yet. As mentioned in other posts about the updater, half the reason we were able to get a relatively small update (compared to the large SPs we've done in the past) out to you all so soon was that it was via a micro-updater. If we were going to update the full installer, it would have merited a lot more development, and making sure we addressed a reasonable amount of items before building it from the ground up again (look back at the length of time it took for the first major SP for our past products).

The main installer will be updated on about a quarterly basis, but we're also testing a new version of the updater that helps to protect against corrupted downloads. Additionally, it will soon point to AWS nodes that are closer to the person requesting the update, resulting in (in theory - all depends on local routing) faster speeds.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

42 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

OK Kyle, so how can i update 747, if OP does not work for me ?

As I mentioned in the last post, the main installer will be updated on about a quarterly basis.

The update isn't a usability update that is meant to fix show-stopping issues with the aircraft. As such, it wasn't imperative to update the main installer. Again, the only reason this update is out is because we had the ability to distribute via the micro-updater. If that weren't a possibility, everyone would still be waiting. For those unable to use the updater, it's simply a matter of waiting a bit longer.

Kyle Rodgers

On 3/20/2017 at 8:04 PM, Raphael_Chacon said:

Thanks, but BTW i cant get it to work..... turned off AV, etc.... re-downloaded and installed RTM, then tried update,  but i am not able to achieve it.  Did that many times, i just can not update.    I read many times during the download lines this message:  "was not able to download..."  etc etc 

I dont have a super fast internet connection neither, but i hope we are not required to do so, because that will be a problem for sure.

Gee...:blush:

Hello again...

Updated to a faster internet connection and the update worked.    Took few minutes and until now i just opened the SIM and everything seems to be okay inside the 747.

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

12 hours ago, Raphael_Chacon said:

Hello again...

Updated to a faster internet connection and the update worked.    Took few minutes and until now i just opened the SIM and everything seems to be okay inside the 747.

Glad to hear it!

Kyle Rodgers

How is the new updater progress? Any news about when it will be available?

James Goggi

I'm curious if any more updates are coming or if there will be any new PMDG liveries?  It seems like they're gonna wait until the 8i variant is released.  Just curious.  No complaining. 

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

8 hours ago, Orlaam said:

I'm curious if any more updates are coming or if there will be any new PMDG liveries?  It seems like they're gonna wait until the 8i variant is released.  Just curious.  No complaining. 

I'm sure there will be one right before/as the -8 releases, just to get the code base all up to speed for it. The updaters are now running off of the endpoint servers, which should increase speed for everyone, and fix some of the update issues some are having.

Kyle Rodgers