Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[13MAR17] [UPDATED] Faults when running the Operations Center and/or the OC based Product Updaters AND WHAT TO DO...

27 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I'm sure there will be one right before/as the -8 releases, just to get the code base all up to speed for it. The updaters are now running off of the endpoint servers, which should increase speed for everyone, and fix some of the update issues some are having.

Now does that mean I should try the update again?

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Now does that mean I should try the update again?

Nope. The updaters aren't live for your OC to get to them yet. We've only tested in house so far. RSR will post when we have them ready to roll.

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, jgoggi said:

Ok, so when the next 744 update?

22 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Nope. The updaters aren't live for your OC to get to them yet. We've only tested in house so far. RSR will post when we have them ready to roll.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

This does not reply my question...

James Goggi

1 hour ago, jgoggi said:

This does not reply my question...

It's quite simple. If he posts, an update is ready. If he doesn't, it's not. Not really sure how that doesn't answer your question since they don't give out release dates, and they haven't told us what's being updated and/or if they ran into any problems.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

It does not answer my question because I am not talking about the update of the "updater", I am talking about the update of the 744 issues that need being fixed.

James Goggi

2 hours ago, jgoggi said:

It does not answer my question because I am not talking about the update of the "updater", I am talking about the update of the 744 issues that need being fixed.

if  there  are  any updates  iam  sure you will be  notified, keep  asking  is  not  going  to make  them  come  any quicker

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

if  there  are  any updates  iam  sure you will be  notified, keep  asking  is  not  going  to make  them  come  any quicker

I asked after Kyle's reply "I'm sure there will be one right before/as the -8 releases"... Since the -8 may be released in a month as well as in 3 years (nobody knows), draw the conclusions yourself...  

James Goggi

I think you've been around long enough to know that we don't give dates.

Kyle Rodgers

7 hours ago, jgoggi said:

Fair enough, I must have misunderstood what the updater actually did. My bad. In any event, by now, you should know that they don't give out release dates.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

On 4/24/2017 at 6:00 AM, scandinavian13 said:

I'm sure there will be one right before/as the -8 releases, just to get the code base all up to speed for it. The updaters are now running off of the endpoint servers, which should increase speed for everyone, and fix some of the update issues some are having.

Ok thanks Kyle :-)

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

So we've gone back to the old method of the long period updates...

James Goggi

1 hour ago, jgoggi said:

So we've gone back to the old method of the long period updates...

I'm not sure that that's what was implied. I'm not sure what else even needs to be updated at this point, as I don't really see much in the issues tracking thread. The few issues that I see in there that have yet to be addressed do not appear to be issues that would necessarily be easy to solve, so trying to solve those ones could take a fair bit of time. How long is anyone's guess.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

I'm not sure that that's what was implied. I'm not sure what else even needs to be updated at this point, as I don't really see much in the issues tracking thread. The few issues that I see in there that have yet to be addressed do not appear to be issues that would necessarily be easy to solve, so trying to solve those ones could take a fair bit of time. How long is anyone's guess.

Mr Captain Kevin, you don't have to reply to every single post.