Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[13MAR17] [UPDATED] Faults when running the Operations Center and/or the OC based Product Updaters AND WHAT TO DO...

1 hour ago, egll said:

Mr Captain Kevin, you don't have to reply to every single post.

Why  is  it  your  concern  that he  does,  since its  a forum  and  you can post as  much as you like  providing of  course  its  within the rules  of  the forum.  Speaking of the  rules  you need  to sign you full name  to each post you  make  in the pmdg forum.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

7 hours ago, jgoggi said:

So we've gone back to the old method of the long period updates...

We have?

The major SPs for the NGX and 777 didn't get out to anyone for quite some time after the original release (I think it was about a year for each of them). I know you're hung up on your issue, which makes this all the worse for you, but...look up and out (and not obsessively at the EICAS), and let's drop the fire and brimstone.

Kyle Rodgers

17 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

The major SPs for the NGX and 777 didn't get out to anyone for quite some time after the original release (I think it was about a year for each of them). I know you're hung up on your issue, which makes this all the worse for you, but...look up and out (and not obsessively at the EICAS), and let's drop the fire and brimstone.

Unfortunately, besides looking up, I should not hear, because at 400 ft I clearly hear a thrust reduction that should not be there... Anyway, IMHO that bug is maybe the main issue for which the new mini-updates technology was perfect to be applied, with an immediate update as soon as fixed (given it is easy to fix, but if I remember well it was also on the 777 and was easily fixed in one of the SPs)... 

James Goggi

5 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

(given it is easy to fix, but if I remember well it was also on the 777 and was easily fixed in one of the SPs)

Do you know for a fact that it's an easy fix and that it was easy for the 777?

5 hours ago, egll said:

Mr Captain Kevin, you don't have to reply to every single post.

First off, I don't reply to "every" single post, given that I certainly don't have a need to. In any event, why does it make a difference to you what post I reply to. Last time I checked, I wasn't violating any rules. Surely if I have questions about something, I'm going to ask.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

3 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

Unfortunately, besides looking up, I should not hear, because at 400 ft I clearly hear a thrust reduction that should not be there... Anyway, IMHO that bug is maybe the main issue for which the new mini-updates technology was perfect to be applied, with an immediate update as soon as fixed (given it is easy to fix, but if I remember well it was also on the 777 and was easily fixed in one of the SPs)... 

Any issue that needs to be corrected - particularly those that are minor/small - is perfect for a micro-updater, such as the one we've deployed.

Your comment that it's "easy" to fix, however, makes me wonder about your credentials for making such an assertion. I don't recall it being present in the 777.

2 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

First off, I don't reply to "every" single post, given that I certainly don't have a need to. In any event, why does it make a difference to you what post I reply to. Last time I checked, I wasn't violating any rules.

Let it slide and move on, please. I don't understand why the comment was made, but it wasn't necessary and you did nothing wrong.

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

I don't recall it being present in the 777.

Found ;-). Strange how the same defect can be present on the 744, since on the 777 it was corrected.

James Goggi

P.S.: if I am not wrong, this 777 issue was fixed in SP1c, released about one month after it was reported...

James Goggi

On 4/27/2017 at 9:11 AM, jgoggi said:

Unfortunately, besides looking up, I should not hear, because at 400 ft I clearly hear a thrust reduction that should not be there...

You must have some really good hearing if you can actually hear it. I happened to notice the thrust reduction on the EICAS after looking at two of my own videos in an attempt to address somebody else's issue, and I couldn't even hear it, despite replaying that segment of both videos. I never noticed it whilst flying either flight, which took place three weeks ago. Only discovered it after the fact.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

8 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

You must have some really good hearing if you can actually hear it. I happened to notice the thrust reduction on the EICAS after looking at two of my own videos in an attempt to address somebody else's issue, and I couldn't even hear it, despite replaying that segment of both videos. I never noticed it whilst flying either flight, which took place three weeks ago. Only discovered it after the fact.

It can be clearly heard, honestly I can't understand where you want to go... 

James Goggi

6 hours ago, jgoggi said:

It can be clearly heard, honestly I can't understand where you want to go... 

I'd like to go home, but that's not happening anytime soon.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 8:23 AM, scandinavian13 said:

I think you've been around long enough to know that we don't give dates.

Dates

spacer.png

The latest OC update fixed my update issues, well done.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Boomer said:

The latest OC update fixed my update issues, well done.

Wait...what?  Did I miss an update announcement?  I have been following this for a while, tried the updater and it messed up my aircraft so I rolled back.. Have been waiting for official word.  Will have to look above...  

Jack Sawyer

19 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Wait...what?  Did I miss an update announcement?  I have been following this for a while, tried the updater and it messed up my aircraft so I rolled back.. Have been waiting for official word.  Will have to look above...  

I don't think I saw anything announced. I just popped open the Operations Center one day and saw an update for it, so I ran the update.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

4 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

I don't think I saw anything announced. I just popped open the Operations Center one day and saw an update for it, so I ran the update.

So are there two different updates?  The one I ran last month messed up my 747 so I had to uninstall it and install the older version, before the update.  I had no landing gear, etc.  Kyle said they were working on a server fix or something like that and there would be an announcement.  

I wish someone would tell me what is safe and what is not and when, as I do not want to go through what I did last month.

As of yesterday I have AT&T Uverse fiber so I'm getting 67 Mbps downloads, I can dig that but if it's on their end I am very hesitant to update.

Jack Sawyer