Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[13MAR17] [UPDATED] Faults when running the Operations Center and/or the OC based Product Updaters AND WHAT TO DO...

8 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I wish someone would tell me what is safe and what is not and when, as I do not want to go through what I did last month.

It was a soft release of the updated updater. Go for it. If your downloads become corrupt, they will not be written into your sim directory. In other words, it can't hurt to try.

8 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

As of yesterday I have AT&T Uverse fiber so I'm getting 67 Mbps downloads, I can dig that but if it's on their end I am very hesitant to update.

The connection between you and your ISP is only a very small part of this whole issue. The main issue for people was their geographic location/distance to our server here near Washington D.C. We have since changed to a different distributed distribution scheme where the files are copied out to remote servers closer to each end-user's location.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello,

I just updated the OC, the update went well but Norton caused problems... I managed to authorize the update manually but when I open the 747 QOTS v3 section all sub menus concerning liveries and docs have disappeared... probably Norton again blocking something but it does not give me the possibility to override its blockage.

cheers

Luc

Luc Voeltzel LSGG

Just to add, I rebooted my pc, the sub menus reappear but when I click on the livery downloader I get this message:

"TSL 1.2 is disabled, please enable in cp for proper downloading of oc content"

I checked the cp and TSL1.2 is indeed enabled...

Luc

Luc Voeltzel LSGG

2 hours ago, chevol said:

Just to add, I rebooted my pc, the sub menus reappear but when I click on the livery downloader I get this message:

"TSL 1.2 is disabled, please enable in cp for proper downloading of oc content"

I checked the cp and TSL1.2 is indeed enabled...

Luc

This is also related to Norton getting in the way. I'd strongly suggest simply removing Norton entirely. All it's good for is false positives and interfering with software. The built-in Windows Defender is good enough for home users.

Kyle Rodgers

4 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

This is also related to Norton getting in the way. I'd strongly suggest simply removing Norton entirely. All it's good for is false positives and interfering with software. The built-in Windows Defender is good enough for home users.

Agreed about Norton:  it digs its claws far too deeply into the OS.  Bloatware.

spacer.png

Yes Norton... By closing down all Norton progs I get acces to the downloader again!

Thanks for your advice,

Luc

Luc Voeltzel LSGG

ssshhhh...Norton blows chunx...

spacer.png

same thing happens with McAfee A/V.  When I disable it and the firewall I can gain access to the livery manager/updater etc.

But when I enable it the files disappear and i receive a TROJAN warning...Artemis!5D213A3CF4F4......which does nor exist.

What a caper!

Donald Leaton 

On 5/13/2017 at 4:41 AM, muskrat said:

What a caper!

Not too surprising. Aftermarket AV is superfluous now, and is overzealous in order to show you it's "worth."

Kyle Rodgers

Hi

I run the installer>repair.

OC launched from the installer but I get " Waiting for Operations Center to Exit" msg screen.

I close the msg screen and in "Please Select a product" the PMDG 747 V3 - P3D V4 is dimmed.

What should I be seeing if the repair installer is working?