Sign in to follow this  
funkyhut1

Update with 18 files just done

Just done it in the Ops Center update. Let it run through till the screen cleared.

Now when I run the plane, all the click-spots are gone.

I'll submits a ticket with more details.

Thank You for a quick resolution.

Chris Stanley VTCC

Same here after update the aircraft is dead...

No clickspots missing screens and indercarriage. Did repair and she is back.

will try update again tomorrow.

Darren Howie

Make sure you do not close the cmd window, it will close itself and the larger files may take several minutes to download.

Dan Downs KCRP

I had over 60 files, took some time. Leave the black cmd window alone. It will disappear when finished. If you kill it before your 747 might be corrupted.

My 747 works perfect now after upgrade. No problems at all

Per W Sweden

12 hours ago, funkyhut1 said:

Now when I run the plane, all the click-spots are gone.

Corrupted download, either due to anti-virus, or your network connection.

Repair the install and then try again.

1 hour ago, PerWel said:

I had over 60 files, took some time.

I set the downloader up to be intelligent enough to know how far behind you are in terms of updates, and only download the files that you need.

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

I set the downloader up to be intelligent enough to know how far behind you are in terms of updates, and only download the files that you need.

How do I do that? Can not see any settings in OP center for that! Or did I miss something

Per W Sweden

24 minutes ago, PerWel said:

How do I do that? Can not see any settings in OP center for that! Or did I miss something

Repair is in the original installer you had when you first purchased the plane. You won't find it in the operations center.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

Repair is in the original installer you had when you first purchased the plane. You won't find it in the operations center.

Yes I know that. But my question was about this that Kyle wrote about:

"I set the downloader up to be intelligent enough to know how far behind you are in terms of updates, and only download the files that you need."

Per W Sweden

You don't set anything. I am fairly sure Kyle meant he set the download service up in such a way that it will detect what it need to update, not just pushing a generic update version.

11 minutes ago, F16_Driver said:

You don't set anything. I am fairly sure Kyle meant he set the download service up in such a way that it will detect what it need to update, not just pushing a generic update version.

Yes you are right, the updater should do some checking before downloading.

Per W Sweden

8 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Kyle,

With respect sir, listen to your community!

I have been doing that for some 7+ hours. Same result EVERY time. Quoted below from the last post to my open ticket after multiple tries at this, EVERY one following the procedure set out below.

"

Chris Stanley

Today at 09:10

Latest Update (18 files)

OK folks at PMDG, here I go!
After a hiatus of 9 hours to get some sleet (sic sleep) I returned to my PC again to try to resolve this per your instructions.
This is what I did:
1. Started my PC.
2. Turned off AVG, AVG Firewall and Windows Firewall
3. Installed the Base Pack of the 744 (as Admin)
4. Re started my PC (which also restarted the AVG and Firewall stuff)
5. Ran FSX, loaded the 747- 400 RR variant. It worked just fine.
6. Exited FSX
7. Re started my PC
8. Turned off AVG etc. etc.
9. Started OPS as Admin and got the update message
10. Ran the update which went without any hitches in about 5 minutes
11. Exited OPS
12. Re started my PC
13. Ran FSX and loaded the same RR varient
14. NO CLICK SPOTS, NO GEAR, NO SET UP COUNTDOWN.

15. Follow Ryan's delete instructions per an earlier post to this ticket, to the letter, turn off my PC and go back to 1. above..........

Now totally fed up.
Want my money back in return for my assurance to you that I've deleted everything per your instructions relating to this plane and will never waste my time ever trying to install it and run it.
I'll stick with PSX and run it linked to the standard FSX 744.
If I want eye candy I'll fly the 777.
Thank You."

Chris Stanley VTCC

10 hours ago, downscc said:

Make sure you do not close the cmd window, it will close itself and the larger files may take several minutes to download.

Sure. Did that EVERY time

Chris Stanley VTCC

Chris,

You sound a bit frustrated- and I get that.  We are working pretty much around the clock on the other sie of this to sort out why about 3% of customers appear to be having trouble.

What we have narrowed it down to thus far is three things:

1) Needing updated visual studio runtimes (which is covered in another post and I do not think applies to you here.)

2) Exceptionally poor download quality to some sectors of the world (asia primarily... we are enlisting Amazon's help to resolve this.)

3) User installed anti-virus software causing file corruption and/or simply absconding with files coming in via the updater.

If I was going to bet on your condition right now- I'm going with #3.  We are in the process of building out a machine in house that has some "after market" A/V packages installed to see if we can't trip up the system and replicate the issue.  Bottom line is that none of us are using these aftermarket products primarily because they tend to be rather invasive for very little gain...  and if I can be political about AV products- they HAVE to catch some things and throw around quarantines in order to keep you thinking they do a good job and thus convince you to reinvest.  The reality is that the tools provided by MS with/for window10 will do an exemplary job for almost all users unless a particular user is intentionally involved in some dodgy parts of the internet...

So- stick with us here.  We are working to sort out some changes to smooth out the rough edges.  If you like, simply reinstall the base package and when we think we have a solution you can update at that time.

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

FYI

Then I was lucky. I have an 100 Gb fiber connection and always disable my AV before starting downloads that I do know what it is.

First try to upgrade via OP Center and it was done in 15-20 mins (63 files if I'm not wrong) and 747-400 works perfect, did a long flight yesterday with no problems.

Per W Sweden