Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

PMDG 777 DME ARC ND

Hi,
I was doing the SWAMSA STAR for ILS 34L into Narita RJAA. Coming into the arc on the navigation display showed quite "unrealistic" way of entering the arc. However it still turn left to join the arc.
Is this..normal?

9vS9tv3.jpg

Using PMDG 77L with latest update, FSX:SE.

Thank you,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

7 hours ago, Hoang Le said:

Is this..normal?

I have seen that many times. It is a rendering problem on the ND. Like you say it turns left and flies the arc okay. There are quite a few SIDS and STARS that are incorrectly displayed on the ND. However, the airplane flies them correctly. More examples would be the BEKOL SIDs out of VHHH and BIBTI SIDs out of EDDF are rendered incorrectly.

Yes, every now and then, there are anomalies in the database that cause the SID or STAR to look strange. I have seen this in real jets as well as in the real simulator. So you check the legs page for problems, if there are none, then you watch the jet closely as it transits that point. You are ready to go HDG SEL if you need to. More often than not, if the legs page checks, it does the right thing, and most of the time the anamoly goes away as your transiting the waypoint. That one is pretty strange...

Far more likely that this is an error in the coding for the approach in the navdata than it is a rendering problem - there's only so much the code can do when it's asked to draw impossible or nonsensical things.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

40 minutes ago, Tabs said:

Far more likely that this is an error in the coding for the approach in the navdata than it is a rendering problem - there's only so much the code can do when it's asked to draw impossible or nonsensical things.

The 744 renders that STAR okay. That was one of the first things I did when Beta testing. The first route I flew was EDDF-RJAA to check that particular STAR. That's not say to say the 744 renders everything correctly because it doesn't. However, that one looks okay on the ND.

A forum member who it a F/O on the 777 said that one FMC  version on the real plane would not fly any SID correctly if the STAR was also entered. The crew had to wait until the SID was completed. Then the STAR could be entered. It took almost a year to get a new version of the FMC. At least PMDG flies the SIDs and STARs correctly.

1 hour ago, Tabs said:

There is a rendering problem Ryan, although there are many examples of a navdata coding problem too.  In this case it's the rendering.  The navdata "STAR SWAMSA FIX SWAMP FIX DANTE AT OR ABOVE 11000 FIX AF013 FIX AF014 ...." is coded correctly and the ND is rendering fix DANTE as an opposite direction turn.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you for all your information. I have no problems using it like this, as long as the aircraft flies correctly.
So this is an error because of software(s) limitations, in real world this would not happen is that correct?
Just want to learn something new every day
Thank you,

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

13 hours ago, Hoang Le said:

So this is an error because of software(s) limitations, in real world this would not happen is that correct?

Correct

Dan Downs KCRP