Sign in to follow this  
James Smith

fmc problem

Hi. last night i tryed to do a long haul flight from london heathrow to hong kong and i had a problem puting in the route i got the route from rfinder.asalink.net/free/ heres the route it gave me                                                                                                                                                                                                                        EGLL SID BPK Q295 CLN UL620 TULIP UZ700 GITER Z700 CDA M611 MALIV P862 EKLON Y169 TUKMA L738 MEGAS B918 PUNIT B210 GIMUN G358 TINRI P983 ABESA A489 LUMER P983 RALEG A489 IDERI P983 KUDEB A489 TELRU P983 SOPTI A489 NIGOR B330 XYO W179 ELKAL B330 SJG G586 MAMSI B330 GYA A599 POU R473 SIERA STAR VHHH                                                                                                                                             

and when i got to Y169 Airway it said     not in database      does anyone know how to fix that

Hi,

First thing to check in this case is whether the AIRAC of the FMC matches the one of Routefinder.

Routefinder seems to be updated to latest (1703). But if you didn't update the nav database of the FMC, then you may get this issue.
The part EKLON Y169 TUKMA may be new and may not exist in the nav database of your FMC (the one delivered with the 747 is 1702 I believe.
Try updating the FMC to 1703 and see if you still have the issue (you can use the payware AIRAC cycles from Navigraph or Aerosoft Navdatapro).

By the way, PMDG requires full names in the posts.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

In AIRAC 1702, Y169 starts with ELKON and ends with TUKMA. It is all there.

4 hours ago, pcubine said:

In AIRAC 1702, Y169 starts with ELKON and ends with TUKMA. It is all there.

Hi,

Alright then. So the issue is elsewhere.

James, how do you enter the route in the route page:

_ Do you enter the airway then the waypoint, then the next airway and waypoint etc. or do you just enter the airways in sequence and let the FMC fill the crossing waypoints?

In both case, it should work but for the purpose of troubleshooting, you may try both methods and see if the error message comes in both cases or only one.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

At what moment do you get the invalid entry, what exactly do you enter and in which place?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

in the RTE and after I selected the departure runway and SID I pressed route and then it took me to the RTE menu and clicked on next page and then I started filling in the route page

During the FMC initialization, you should enter the route first then the SID and departure runway. That is the normal way to do.
Have you tried that way?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

FCOM page NP.21.3 is a good place to look at for the CDU preflight procedure. ;-)

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Can you please type here exactly what you type in the scratchpad which gives you invalid entry?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

ok first i put the first airway and then the next waypoint

Airways         Waypoints

Q295                     CLN

UL620                TULIP

UZ700               GITER

Z700                    CDA

M611                MALIV

P862               EKLON

and then I got to Airway Y169 But then when I entered it in the scratchpad it says invalid entry

james   just tried, had  no issues  entering y169  in  my fmc, iam  using  navigrapgh 1702  version

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg