Sign in to follow this  
regis9

New Majestic Q400 Sound Sets - Anyone try it yet?

Over at simmarket.  The preview sounds quite impressive, has anyone tried it out yet in sim?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Yes, they are awesome! Low cost with no noticeable frame hit, = excellent value for the $11.00 asking price. Compared to the freeware stuff that is floating around the web, this sound pack is light years ahead.

So, what are you waiting for.

Nice all in all, but what is that absolutely nasty sounding distortion when reversers are pulled (9:50 in video in SM)?

Does the FlyBy sound fixed ?  Default FlyBy sound is always at the same pitch ...

Mike

I wonder if they were able to get around the problem with the variable landing sound logic?  Basicly no matter how soft you land it sounds like you slammed it in, the devopler said on the forum he found the issue and it would be fixed sometime before the end of the Q400 project. 

Anybody know if this sound package fixes that?

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I bought it and would highly recommend it.

At first I thought it was only click sounds, pack and ambient noise but it turns out they modeled the whole thing including engine, ground roll and touchdown sounds. A nice surprise.

I never really liked the sounds on the Majestic Q400 (except for the engine ones, which I may keep after all) as I found them to be of low audio quality and even unfitting in some places (turning the lights on off sounded like you hit a large handle when it fact it's a tiny switch). This pack fixes all that. The new sounds are so crystal clear it's just beautiful... just listen to the Master Warning sound that you hear all the time on this aircraft. My personal favorite is the 'rattling' sound (which I think stems from the yoke) – you can hear it most pronounced while rolling on the ground and on final approach. Very well captured.

All in all amazing value for money. I will fly the Q400 more often now.

• Upvote 1

Just picked it up - excellent!  A real must have for the Q400.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

I picked it up and am part way through my first flight.  Overall these are awesome.  I've flown on a Q400 many times as a passenger and these seem to be right on to my ear.  I have a RW Q400 flight in a few months so it will be a good chance to reacquaint myself with the real thing then fly with these sounds as soon as I get home.

The only thing I have mixed feelings about is the volume of the exterior sounds.  They are very loud, and while they do sound amazing and capture the level of noise an aircraft makes outside, they are so much louder than the interior sounds that it's a bit hard on my ears.

Engine sounds do not change pitch in flyby mode...I think this is an issue of the aircraft itself however that a sound pack wouldn't be able to fix.

Overall this is a great purchase for anyone who enjoys flying the Q400.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 hours ago, thepilot said:

I bought it and would highly recommend it.

At first I thought it was only click sounds, pack and ambient noise but it turns out they modeled the whole thing including engine, ground roll and touchdown sounds. A nice surprise.

I never really liked the sounds on the Majestic Q400 (except for the engine ones, which I may keep after all) as I found them to be of low audio quality and even unfitting in some places (turning the lights on off sounded like you hit a large handle when it fact it's a tiny switch). This pack fixes all that. The new sounds are so crystal clear it's just beautiful... just listen to the Master Warning sound that you hear all the time on this aircraft. My personal favorite is the 'rattling' sound (which I think stems from the yoke) – you can hear it most pronounced while rolling on the ground and on final approach. Very well captured.

All in all amazing value for money. I will fly the Q400 more often now.

Cool, I will have to pick this up.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

The NGX package is awesome too.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

It's really, really good. I think it's a must-have if you value sounds as much as any other element of an aircraft product.

A Youtube demo would be nice since that's the only way to determine an improvement.

I noticed on the Frooglesim News this weekend that a new sound package is out for the Q400.  This has nothing to do with Majestic and was developed by another company whose name escapes me at the moment.  I wonder if anyone has purchased the sound pack yet and if you would recommend them to others.  thanks.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000