Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Zanot

Thoughts and questions about Chase Plane

Hello! 

I'm very happy about this product, this is one of my best buy for P3D. I have just few questions and suggestions.

Question:

In the preferences menu i can see two bar for the sensivity override of the Cinematic Cam.
Actually i can't find a way to override it and to move around.
How can it be done?
Also, the default cinematic cam is way too far from the plane, in my tastes.

Suggestions:

When i look with pilots' eyes and then, for example, i turn to left window and quickly i back to pilots' eyes the animation is not smooth as Ezdok: it starts from the full left parameters going back to front, making the movement not nice. It would be better if it starts to going back in front position from the point it is stopped and forward view called. I hope i was clear. This is valid for all the views set, and even raising the animation time, the jump is there and it is not nice.

About fixed cams, it would be super cool if in the range you could automatically include also the airports' towers cam in the scan (like for the rnwys), looking at the plane. But i'am afraid there is no way to recognize the towers, while for the runways is possibile.

About runways, would be nice to have an option to choose that every runway views point at the aircraft, always.

Hoping to hear from you soon, i congratulate for the wonderful job.

Hi Alberto,

You have to assign controls through the Preferences to move the camera while in Cinematic Mode. By default, the movement is very subtle.

For your suggestion, you can change the transition type, duration and control speeds in the Camera > Advanced page. 

I hope this answers your questions!

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Yep it works thanks. Ofcourse you cant pitch and yaw, but it is ok. 

What about my suggestions? Expecially to smooth more the view changes.

2 minutes ago, Alberto Zanot said:

What about my suggestions? Expecially to smooth more the view changes.

10 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

For your suggestion, you can change the transition type, duration and control speeds in the Camera > Advanced page. 

For the fixed views, we will add a Control Assignment and an option for that

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

1 hour ago, Keven Menard said:

you can change the transition type, duration and control speeds in the Camera > Advanced page. 

Yep i know about those settings, but maybe i was not clear.
I try to be more clear: you setup a front view and a look-to-right view. You assign F1 to to frontview and F2 to rightview. Let's suppose to put "quartic" and very long 6 seconds transition. You start with frontview, and switch to rightview it slowly turns right but then if you decide halfway to come back to front, you press F1 again to back to front view, the movement to come back front do not start smoothly from the point view you are. But it starts from the initial rightview point, as you were just full-right. Also, pressing F1 and F2 enought quickly the view jumps and it isn't nice. While it shhould be smoother, if i stop the right movement at a quarter, it should come back to front from that quarter, not as like i am full right.

Know what i mean? Thanks a lot and sorry but it is not easy to explain!

Alright, yes I get what you are saying! We are aware of this issue, other things are more important right now but it's definitely something we are going to fix

Thanks for your explanation

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

YEEEAAAAAA i saw you made the movements change back smooth!!! COOOOOL

Love ChasePlane, and i really admire devs like you.

• Upvote 1