Hello I have been using a Pair of Samsung 850 pro ssd,s HD,My new Asus ix Hero MB has a couple of M2 ssd slots,I presently use a Pro 250 gb as my C drive and would like to use the M2 evo 500 gb ssd for my C drive,leaving the 250 ssd free,so please will i notice any speed difference between the 250gb 850 pro and the 500gb evo M2 which i believe uses the sata connection via the M2 socket,

Peter

Probably not. Unless you're running an extremely heavily I/O bound workload you're not going to see much (if any) difference.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

i have 2 patriot 480 gb hellfires m.2 in raid 0, i don't really see better frame rates but loading times are about 2x faster, i get 4,300 mbps read and 2700 mbps write, i am happy with them on my asus maximus code z270 board, but i paid 600.00 just for the drives

2 hours ago, Patriot3810 said:

i am happy with them on my asus maximus code z270 board

I have exactly this board with an NVME M.2 drive coming - I have elected to use this drive for the OS to be honest with a fast SSD dedicated for P3D - I thought about it quite a lot and did a fair bit of research. I think for OS (Windows, Linux etc) there are good improvements in speed from M.2 but as Patriot says, performance isn't improved in sim - loading times perhaps. I made a similar decision that you're planning, hope the advice is helpful (albeit yet to build the system and test it!).