Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

Multi Crew Experience Lite or Ultimate???

New to the forum and am looking into this software for the ATC experience.  I don't fly the "Heavies" and am mostly interested in the ATC voice aspect of FSX.  Mostly fly twin and single engine airplanes.  Would I be better off with the "lite" version?  Thanks for the advice.

Rodger

Hi C130FE,

Well I can only give you my opinion based on only using the ultimate version. But looking at the website for MCE and comparing versions, I would say that if your only going to ever use default FSX ATC and aircraft the it will suffice.

However, if you want to update your ATC, maybe to RC4, PF3 your going to be stuck and then have to buy the ultimate version. Same goes for aircraft, your'll be stuck again.

I fly mainly payware A2A, RealAir and Carenado, plus some larger aircraft. With ultimate version you have the option to use voxscript, which is perfect for setting up FO interaction, you can create custom scripts that means thr FO take the load off of you and you can enjoy flying. 

MCE is so flexible your be stunned at what it can do, I never regret buy the ultimate version and now never fly without it. 

In the end it really comes down to. Are you always going to stick with default stuff or will you want to get more complex aircraft/atc at some point.

And I forgot to mention with the ultimate version, updates are free. And the support you get here from the developers is truly the best I come across.

I hope that helps a little :)

Rob

Thanks Rob, appreciate the advice.  I too fly mostly RealAir and Carenado.  I don't fly the Airliners, but do enjoy the GA airplanes a lot. 

Although I don't use it any more (like a numpty, I lost my installation file and the serial number lol).

But personally, I'd get the full version if I were you; as with most versions of things, if you buy the cheaper version, you sooner or later end up regretting not having the features of the full on version. Sure, you might not fly the big iron and instead prefer GA where you might think MCE would be less use, but there is so much you can do with MCE that you absolutely will find it massively helpful for even GA aeroplanes, and one thing you can say about MCE is that it never stands still, the developer is always improving it, and those improvements are free if you have the full version.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Although I don't use it any more (like a numpty, I lost my installation file and the serial number lol).

Alan, please contact support. Thanks