Sign in to follow this  
Captain Kevin

Exterior Light Splash

Is anybody else having the issue of the exterior light splash not appearing after the updates? I've already contacted support and we're in the process of trying to see what would cause it, but they've also said that nobody else has reported it yet. Running FSX here, and this happens with both my livery and the default liveries. When I ran the repair tool from the original installer, the lights worked again, but when I ran the update again, it stopped working again. Obviously this makes for a difficult task of trying to taxi around at night.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

This was fixed in the update, at least for me, which I greatly appreciate.

I'm running in P3D. At payware airports---LOWW for example---it looks wonderful now.

Hope you get this sorted out. It appears this is a sticky problem; now it works in P3D but not in FSX? Yikes.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 hour ago, RichieFly said:

This was fixed in the update, at least for me, which I greatly appreciate.

I'm running in P3D. At payware airports---LOWW for example---it looks wonderful now.

Hope you get this sorted out. It appears this is a sticky problem; now it works in P3D but not in FSX? Yikes.

FSX:SE Win7 64

Works for me. Just tested, can see all splashes from cockpit. Strobes, landing lights, taxi lights and from outside I also see the nav lights and beacon light reflects in the ground.

All lights works as they should at night for me.

Per W Sweden

Ive had issues right from the start and still no splash lights in the new update.FSX Accel

In daytime the flashes effects red only works, on PW and RR models.

MoDez

6 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

I'm running standard FSX, not Steam edition. This is on Windows 10 64-bit.

Why do you not "upgrade" to FSX:SE. A lot better, VAS handling is better, it releases memory/scenery when not needed anymore. Little faster FPS. And it is also re-compiled
with newer libs so it will work better with like Win7 - 10. Give it a try I got it for 70 Skr around $8, they had a discount. Your old addons will work, I had no problems.
Have not seen any OOMs yet. Call it a modern version of FSX, no new features only fixes with mem handling. I use FSUIPC VAS monitor and can see VAS going up/down during flights.
That never happend with box FSX, free mem went down and stayed there and on approach it went down even more.
Free VAS goes up after takeoff when leaving airport area, and down approaching dest. In flight it creeps up/down because of scenery of course.
P3D I will never touch, far to expensive and see no reason to go there.

Per W Sweden

3 minutes ago, egll said:

In daytime the flashes effects red only works, on PW and RR models.

MoDez

OK today I will do another long flight 2000+ nm and I'll check how the lights look in daytime. At night everything looks OK with -400 Virgin Atlantic Airways G-VROM, GE engines

I'll be back.

Per W Sweden

2 hours ago, PerWel said:

Why do you not "upgrade" to FSX:SE.

Price. I really don't want to spend $25.00 on it when the price is most likely going to drop when they have their summer sale, whenever that is. For what it's worth, the boxed version of FSX had been sitting around since 2007, and I ran it from 2007 up until 2009. From 2009, I was running FS9 as it had better performance, and I ran FS9 up until the PMDG Boeing 747-400 got released last month. If it wasn't for the PMDG Boeing 747-400, I'd still be running FS9.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

The only thing I have heard about FS9 is that it have an Flat world, not round like FSX. Maybe that's why it performs better. No idea never had it. Moved direct to FSX when it came, forgot

what version I had before. I think I was into Fly! and maybe first version of x-plane.

Per W Sweden

Black flash on bottom of inboard engines in fsx

Mo Dez

5 hours ago, PerWel said:

OK today I will do another long flight 2000+ nm and I'll check how the lights look in daytime. At night everything looks OK with -400 Virgin Atlantic Airways G-VROM, GE engines

I'll be back.

So interesting discovery after running a few tests. Loaded at FSDreamteam JFK at night for each test.

• Load FSX default clear skies theme, lights don't illuminate the ground. Change to Active Sky theme, lights illuminate the ground. Change back to the clear skies theme, lights stay on.
  • Load FSX default fair weather theme, lights don't illuminate the ground. Change to clear skies theme, lights don't illuminate the ground. Change to Active Sky theme, lights illuminate the ground. Change back to the clear skies theme, lights stay on.
  • Load Active Sky theme, lights illuminate the ground straight away.
  • Load FSX default fogged in theme, lights illuminate the ground straight away.

Active Sky weather at the time was raining, as a blizzard had hit New York earlier in the day.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

New test I ran this morning. I used the user customized weather setting in FSX, then started decreasing the visibility. Lights didn't light up the ground until the visibility dropped to 3 miles.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

After seeing the price of FSX Steam drop, I ended up getting it. Oddly enough, despite the exact same add-ons being in both boxed and Steam version of FSX, the landing lights work as they should in the Steam version, but still have the same issue in the boxed version.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

10 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

After seeing the price of FSX Steam drop, I ended up getting it. Oddly enough, despite the exact same add-ons being in both boxed and Steam version of FSX, the landing lights work as they should in the Steam version, but still have the same issue in the boxed version.

Can be that the Steam version is recompiled with newer libs so it works better with Win7-10. I have no idea. I removed box FSX before install of Steam so I can not compare. If you have both
I think you will uninstall box version after a while. Steam is far better, never had any crazy or strange thinks happening with it. Box FSX lived its own life many times for me, a little crazy now and then.

Per W Sweden