Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Anyone have the 1080ti yet?

Interested in the performance vs your old card in P3D. Or, is it worth the upgrade for this sim?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I don't own the GTX 1080Ti yet, but this review is a good starting point to "hand feel" what to expect from this card:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/geforce-gtx-1080-ti-review,1.html

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I was hoping to find out how it does in P3D. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks but I will wait for reports from actual users. It is not the same card as the Titan and is said to do better in fact. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I think you are correct John. Every time I update a video card I get a nice boost in most games but FSX and P3D only move up a couple of fps if that. I was hoping this would not be the case with the new card coming out and that is why I need to know from actual users if it does or does not before shelling out the cash. 

I also found that it takes a large overclock to make up a few fps in our flightsim. I overclocked my 5930k to 4.5 and gained three to five fps so clocked it back down to stock to save wear and tear.

I game and flightsim at 4k so maybe just add another 1080 for sli instead. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

A single card solution is always better than sli. Just sell your 1080 and get a 1080ti. 35% performance gain over a single 1080. More than enough for P3D even with 8xMSAA at 4k. 

1 hour ago, TheBoom said:

A single card solution is always better than sli. Just sell your 1080 and get a 1080ti. 35% performance gain over a single 1080. More than enough for P3D even with 8xMSAA at 4k. 

Agreed.  SLI is almost an afterthought for Nvidia these days.  After 13 years you think they would have SLI nailed down but they don't.  Plus you get to deal with drivers that break SLI in P3D every now and then.  No thanks.

The faster graphics cards shine in higher resolutions and with higher AA....

So for P3D in 1080p I would not go for the TI, but in 4K.... I will ;-)

I have my 1080 on sale already.

...or use the money on a pair of Oculus Rift glasses and a couple of Touch Controllers and the FlyInside software for pretty much the same kind of money.

Will definitely give you a bigger sensation compared to replacing your video card :smile:

Richard Åsberg

Lol, Rift and Vive have a long way to go before I spend any money on them.

I still hope to hear from someone that actually has the 1080ti for P3D before deciding between it and/or another 1080 for sli. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

My preliminary conclusion so far is that if you know what the Titan X can do for your P3D, you could expect similar or even better performance from the new 1080Ti, for about half the price of the Titan.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I would stay away from SLI. Some games don't support it, you read about constant struggle with profiles, micro stutters etc. So I would prefer the solution with one card.