Sign in to follow this  
Vortac12

Cameras not in right spot

The first time I ran FSX after installing chase plane, my aircraft would load with the pilots view as the correct view out of the window.  I set up my cameras for an airplane and everything ran great.  The next day however, my views were extremely low, like underneath the AC and to the left.  I had to reset all the camera angles.  The next time I ran FSX, my view was back well below and outside of the cockpit.  I used to have EZdoc 1.8 running.  I deleted EZdoc prior to installing chaseplane.  I run FSX Acceleration on a win 7 64 bit system.  Im sorry if this was answered in a previous post but I could not seem to search it out.   

I solved the problem, it is TrackIR related.  I don't always have the hat on and with EZdok i never had this problem.  Of course after I changed all my camera points back to their settings, I put the hat on and hit the TrackIR center button and I was outside of the cockpit again.  I tried this with another aircraft that loaded outside of the cockpit, when I put the hat on and hit the center button, my view snapped back into the correct view.  

I have exactly this problem as well, but in p3d.  After a couple of days of correct views the default was set below and to the left of the aircraft, and had to reset the view every time I fired up the sim.   No one seems to be able to help.  The dev suggested an update would fix things but they didn't :(  I've switched back to EZDOK after a couple of weeks.

Lon Duncombe

Just now, Lon Duncombe said:

I have exactly this problem as well, but in p3d.  After a couple of days of correct views the default was set below and to the left of the aircraft, and had to reset the view every time I fired up the sim.   No one seems to be able to help.  The dev suggested an update would fix things but they didn't :(  I've switched back to EZDOK after a couple of weeks.

Lon Duncombe

Do you use TrackIR?