Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

Does Anyone Have Template for Carenado PC12?

I am having a devil of a time trying to figure out how to repaint this aircraft without a template.  I have tried to create my own based on other repaints I have looked at but nothing seems to line up,  I wish every addon company would take the time to create a paint template.  If anyone has a template or any ideas would you let me know?

Thanks,

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

Have a look in the Repaint-FAQ. Look for  Total-Fuse.

Unless you have the possibility to load the plane in a 3D-program wich enables you to actually paint ON the 3D models( something I think only the developer of the model can)  the only way to paint a plane like this is by making a Total-Fuse and work from there.

total.png

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

That's exactly what I was working on after I saw your post Leen.  I was placing the different parts from both the left and right side of the aircraft, but I see now that it works better by sectioning the halves of some of the front panels.  Please tell me that you didn't just whip your example up in a matter of moments, it took me almost the whole day to get the same thing that you posted.

Thanks for your reply.

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi Robert,

It did not take me whole day to "whip-up " this example.
The best way to make a "Total-Fuse"  is following the procedure as showed in the FAQ, that takes quiet some time.
This paint however with all its curved joints is hardly suitable for the precise method.

So I did not use the white livery and put matching-pixels on it.( as shown in the FAQ )

I used a livery with a lot of curved lines and used the pattern on the texture to align the various parts.

Just cut- scale-turn-flip and paste the individual parts.
After I did that I could have repaced the texturised parts by the same parts from the blank livery and use this as the top layer (set to multiply) in my layerfile.

As I do not intend to paint this aircraft I did not go so far.

I just "laid" the puzzle and posted the result here.
Its easy to say," Just look in the FAQ " .
Whenever its possible I always try to give an example ( if it does not take to much of my time) 
It took me less than  half an hour to make this example for you.

Regards

Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi Leen,

I meant the part of whipping it up as a compliment, okay, so maybe it did not take me a whole day but it did take lots of time.  What I did wrong was to align the panel pieces thinking that the horizontal lines were meant to stay straight instead of taking into consideration the curve in the nose area.

I will work on the repaint using all the documentation and the explanation of how you do things in this post.  I really appreciate your help.

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

Good luck, Robert. I've heard most of Carenado's planes are a bear to paint, so I'm happy to see you giving it a go! I don't have the patience for painting, not just yet anyway.

Hoping to see some paints from you soon!

:-)

Scott