Sign in to follow this  
Pedrovinie

Texture and models part missing in pmdg aircrafts

Hi, first, sorry for my bad english, i'm Brazilian.

I'm have a little problem with the pmdg's aircrafts (737 and 777) every flight that i made with more than 2 hours, for some reason, make parts of model and texture of my aircraft disappear, when i switch the view mode.

Can someone help me?

http://imgur.com/dEFdMdA

14 hours ago, bobo68 said:

Try texture max load = 4096 in .cfg

It looks like it's by default :(

This has nothing to do with texture configuration, it is simply a problem with low memory as mentioned by Sean.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, downscc said:

This has nothing to do with texture configuration, it is simply a problem with low memory as mentioned by Sean.

I have 8gb. The flight always start with a nice VAS usage, but during flyght, vas usage will increasing until this happen. what can i do? how memory i need to run P3D without this issue?

Nothing to do with your 8GB of RAM...everything to do with the 32bit architecture of P3D.  Every 32-bit program can only use 4GB of VAS...no more.  The only way to stay under that 4GB limit is to turn down your settings.

Look through AVSIM on VAS issues.  High end aircraft and airports affect VAS.  LOD radius affects your VAS.  Water Texture quality, Clouds, AI Aircraft....everything in the sim affects VAS to certain extents.  It's up to you to figure out what you want to sacrifice to keep your VAS under 4GB and fly with VAS heavy jets and airports.

The biggest players on VAS in my opinion is AI Aircraft and your LOD radius and high resolution textures (clouds, aircraft paints, etc)...at least that's what it is on my system.

Bottom line...you can't run P3D or FSX, or FSX:SE with your sliders full right and expect it to not run out of VAS.

• Upvote 1

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png