Sign in to follow this  
freded

Frequent 2-3 second pauses in P3D v3

I am suddenly encountering frequent pauses, lasting a few seconds, of the 777 in P3D version 3.142. This didn't happen originally with this aircraft. Could it be due simply to changing scenery from Dulles to Vancouver, BC? The frame rates have also declined. Both sceneries are enhanced above the default ones. Vancouver is by FSDreamTeam. 

I installed FSDT CYVR last month and have not noticed any performance issues with it, other than the "normal" pause I get when approaching the airport from about 10 nm when the scenery objects load, same as happens at any complex airport including KIAD.

I did have a problem several months ago with 2-3 sec pauses happening randomly, which I tracked down to Windows Defender.  Found advice on the web to fix it, simply by excluding the Windows Defender directory to stop it from scanning itself. That solved my particular problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

I'm sure you're right, that it isn't the FSDT version of Vancouver that is causing the pauses, because they are still appearing when the 777 is a long way away from CYVR.

As for Windows Defender, it is not enabled on this computer at present, because AVAST Security is taking its place. Maybe that's what is causing the problem? I'll check...

Thanks anyway!

Cheers,

Mark

could be security programs running, exclude your sim folder completly from being scanned. Also, do you have auto save on? Either from FSUIPC or from ACARS? For example, deltava has an acars where you can save every X amount of seconds. Since its a repetitive issue, i think that could be it.

Hi Michael,

Your suggestion of an auto-save program proved to be the answer to the pauses.

I eliminated Avast as the cause by excluding all folders related to P3D. I then opened the FSUIPC window under Add-ons and changed the setting from 60 secs to 180 secs.

I've just timed the interval between pauses and - guess what! - it's 3 minutes.

Thank you for your help. I'd never have thought of that by myself.

Cheers,

Mark

Make sure that you are using the most recent version  of FSUIPC (4.964) as the developer  changed the way it was threaded for multicore CPUS and also allows the user to assign FSUIPC  to use only specific CPU  cores, so as to interfere less with the sim.

Last nite happen to me first time, sometimes I had few seconds here and there, but last nite I start hanging for over 10 min and never recover on 8000ft final to KSRQ....was tired to investigate, did a brief search but I found issue for 8 min pause....? but I am on FSX SE. Not sure what's up with that...

On 3/17/2017 at 8:54 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

Make sure that you are using the most recent version  of FSUIPC (4.964) as the developer  changed the way it was threaded for multicore CPUS and also allows the user to assign FSUIPC  to use only specific CPU  cores, so as to interfere less with the sim.

Would update be free and would  old parameters (set up) be there after or I would have to re-do it all.....Thanks

As long as you are using any version 4.x of FSUIPC it should update and preserve settings. Just a word of caution though. I would make a copy of FSUIPC4.ini and save it somewhere else, as revisions to the app introduce new settings and in case something goes wrong, you can refer to the saved file.

As to your issue, a pause of that length is indicative of something more serious than an out of date version of FSUIPC.

Not sure....Thanks for the answer....will check. Recently I installed FSDT KORD (not crazy about their performance anyway, specially updating add-on manager which gives me hard time when unable to create folder?!) and had some stuttering with it, but once loaded all went smooth. Made 6 HRS flight with no issues. Last flight was good as well, till final turn and approach,  why I had that, not sure, however I did research and some reporting sometimes they experienced as long as 15 min and all went back to normal.....Will see how it works.