Sign in to follow this  
mattyshigh

Landing gear and flaps deploy in cruise randomly

I am not sure where to post this but I fly 100% in P3D V3 (3.4 Latest hot fix).

Last week I left my PMDG 737-800 at cruising altitude in auto pilot while I grabbed a coffee and a bite to eat. When I returned the aircraft was busy skidding across the French countryside! For some reason both the landing gear and flaps had deployed without any command thus disconnecting the auto pilot. This now happens randomly in all aircraft both default, freeware and payware. It can happen during any phase in flight including while on the ground.

Since this is not specific to any aircraft then this must either be P3D settings or my hardware. My Joystick is now 4 years old, could this now be triggering random commands? This is a frustrating problem so any feedback or suggestions would be most welcome.

• Upvote 1

The first thing I do when re-installing P3D (or FSX) is to copy over my saved controls.xml file, which I have saved. This file has "all" of the buttons and JS commands deleted. Because I found out to my cost, that when switching views using my joystick and throttle (I have the warthog) my flaps and gear would deploy!

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Really appreciate your reply, will check this out.

I have a feeling my joystick is faulty and is now sending random commands when no buttons are pressed, I guess I will replace it anyway and see if the issue goes away.

I'm experiencing the same challenges to no end.  I had this happen whilst flying AS Airbus, Carenado AC, Alebeo Ac, Majestic, Aerosim/TDS 787 and the PMDG T7.  I'm beginning to think it is due to the same reason you've disclosed.  Prior to most flights I find myself torquing, twisting, and thrusting the yoke and throttles recalibrating via FSUIPC.  This sometimes this yields success and on other occasions the issue persist.  It is quite vexing to find that your aircraft has exhausted indispensable fuel whilst trying the maintain the autopilot.  I may find myself too soon to replace my X55 Rhino as well.  I'm hoping someone else has had better fortune and is able to come to our aid.  

ugcx_banner.png

I had a similar problem when pausing track IR. Turns out the flaps were configured the same key as my joystick for the button I used to pause it.