Sign in to follow this  
JWMuller

The TOGA?? And takeoff!

Here is where the radios for the ILS are:

737_zpszz4gaqpp.jpg

It will be easier for you to understand all of this stuff if you do for example, the PMDG Tutorial 1, which you can find on your PC's 'All Programs' menu.

The flight is from EGKK - London Gatwick in England, to EHAM - Amsterdam Schiphol, in the Netherlands. It takes about five minutes to set up the route in the FMC, and just over an hour to fly it and involves telling you everything you need to know to take off from Runway 08R, then fly the Clacton Five Papa (CLN5P) departure, then follow a series of airway waypoints to join the REDFA1A arrival for an the ILS approach to Runway 18R into Schiphol.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

15 hours ago, JWMuller said:

I really appreciate your help! I'm beginning to get this! Never mind if you don't have the other PMDG's.

It certainly helps to read the manuals, as they will tell you where the clickspots are.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

On 3/22/2017 at 11:24 PM, Chock said:

Here is where the radios for the ILS are:

It will be easier for you to understand all of this stuff if you do for example, the PMDG Tutorial 1, which you can find on your PC's 'All Programs' menu.

The flight is from EGKK - London Gatwick in England, to EHAM - Amsterdam Schiphol, in the Netherlands. It takes about five minutes to set up the route in the FMC, and just over an hour to fly it and involves telling you everything you need to know to take off from Runway 08R, then fly the Clacton Five Papa (CLN5P) departure, then follow a series of airway waypoints to join the REDFA1A arrival for an the ILS approach to Runway 18R into Schiphol.

Thanks! I was always thinking if that was the ILS? Does it do VOR and NDB as well?

On 3/23/2017 at 3:53 AM, Captain Kevin said:

It certainly helps to read the manuals, as they will tell you where the clickspots are.

Oh yes, I think I should read the manual.

Thanks

Hmmm, Now Im thinking about the Airbus, the Aerosoft A320 more  specifically, Where is the TOGA button in it? Do I just press the Autothrottle and then press Speed?

Thanks,

JWMuller

No, Airbus have a very different operating philosophy whereby the thrust levers themselves act as mode selectors. There are detents which determine the autothrust mode (or not), and placing the thrust levers in to the appropriate detent causes the autothrust mode to change as appropriate.

Pushing the thrust levers full forward gives TOGA mode, however more commonly a reduced takeoff thrust will be used which involves using the FLX detent.

All of this is explained and outlined very clearly in the documentation supplied with the Aerosoft Airbus, of course.

On 3/26/2017 at 5:57 PM, skelsey said:

No, Airbus have a very different operating philosophy whereby the thrust levers themselves act as mode selectors. There are detents which determine the autothrust mode (or not), and placing the thrust levers in to the appropriate detent causes the autothrust mode to change as appropriate.

Pushing the thrust levers full forward gives TOGA mode, however more commonly a reduced takeoff thrust will be used which involves using the FLX detent.

All of this is explained and outlined very clearly in the documentation supplied with the Aerosoft Airbus, of course.

Ah thanks

If you can't find NAV Radio's check the blackberry looking box, NAV RAD button. :)

pcdu3.jpg

On 28/03/2017 at 0:39 PM, AoA said:

If you can't find NAV Radio's check the blackberry looking box, NAV RAD button. :)

Thanks