Sign in to follow this  
JWMuller

Virtual Pilot 3D - Don't buy it!!

Hello AVSIM members,

If you ever heard and ever thought of buying Virtual Pilot 3D, Do not.

Virtual Pilot 3D is a scam similar to 'Pro Flight Simulator' (see Travelling_Wilbury's scam alert for pro flight simulator).

It is actually  the open source, free FlightGear that you are buying. Furthermore I have never heard of Virtual Pilot 3D before. Moreover, it shares the same motto as ProFlightSimulator, Which is ' It's the next best thing being up there'.

Link: http://virtualpilot3d.com

Where I heard it was scam: http://c-aviation.net/flight-simulator-2017-scam-alert/

Therefore do not buy this software. You can also see some other scam sites in the linked article where I heard it from.

Hope you do't get anything like that, and thanks for reading

JWMuller

• Upvote 3

Yes I saw this too, and was not taken in by their nonsense. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

2 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

Yes I saw this too, and was not taken in by their nonsense. 

Yep, just keep away from them

Considering that most everyone who visits AVSIM is aware of the current flight sims out there (and maybe even ones that are currently in development), they shouldn't be taken in by this supposed scam.  One place that is a breeding ground for rumor and fake news is YouTube.  I can't tell you how many flight sim videos I see with the title "New Flight Simulator 2017" or something along those lines.  Either someone posts their vids for clickbait that entail using an established sim that is heavily modded and calling it a new simulator, OR they claim it is one of those scam software titles, fluffed up with clever marketing.  It's getting as bad as robocalls or junk mail from the postal service.

Btw, here is more insight into this company's product: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/08/24/the-flare-path-dont-buy-virtualpilot3d/

Seems they've been around for quite a while now (article mentions 2012).

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

2 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Considering that most everyone who visits AVSIM is aware of the current flight sims out there (and maybe even ones that are currently in development), they shouldn't be taken in by this supposed scam.  One place that is a breeding ground for rumor and fake news is YouTube.  I can't tell you how many flight sim videos I see with the title "New Flight Simulator 2017" or something along those lines.  Either someone posts their vids for clickbait that entail using an established sim that is heavily modded and calling it a new simulator, OR they claim it is one of those scam software titles, fluffed up with clever marketing.  It's getting as bad as robocalls or junk mail from the postal service.

I agree with the Youtube thing

On 3/14/2017 at 5:59 AM, Jimm said:

Btw, here is more insight into this company's product: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/08/24/the-flare-path-dont-buy-virtualpilot3d/

Seems they've been around for quite a while now (article mentions 2012).

Those videos with the "NEW FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2017" are considered clickbait, but you do have to be honest, in the video's description it does say P3D v3.4 or something along the lines. 

I am not disagreeing with you though, but they literally have nothing related to the so-called "VirtualPilot 3D or ProFlightSimulator." Scam artists those people are!

Hmm, I want gonna buy i9t anyhow so I guess I'm Golden... :-P

spacer.png

4 hours ago, americanair_777 said:

Those videos with the "NEW FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2017" are considered clickbait, but you do have to be honest, in the video's description it does say P3D v3.4 or something along the lines. 

I am not disagreeing with you though, but they literally have nothing related to the so-called "VirtualPilot 3D or ProFlightSimulator." Scam artists those people are!

I know, but I wasn't talking about those videos. Yes, I know that these videos do not have anything related to the two scam flight sims that you mentioned. It was just once when I was looking at videos on flights sim on Youtube. When I saw 'Flight Simulator 2016' or some rubbish like that I actually thought that 'Flight Simulator 2016' was a real flightsim!

Then I just googled it and I got Virtual Pilot 3D and at first I didn't even know that it was scam until I saw an article on it on c-aviation.net.

So tha'ts the story

I had to read the disclaimer for a laugh....

"VP3D does not make any warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to any information, data, statements or products made available on the Site. In short, VP3D does not come with any kind of warranty what so ever. "

"What

So

Ever"

:blink:

• Like 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Just received an e-mail to AVSIM advertising it and it went immediately to the junk mail folder.  Indicates scammers are still sending out advertisements.  Unfortunately there will probably be many who get scammed.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Can't the Web host be advised and this website taken down?

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

I think you can set up a website on Cloud now using web design software.  I think some of the browser developers like Google have a method to report phishing websites so, if a member does go there, they will be warned that it might be dangerous or unsafe.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 11/09/2017 at 7:22 PM, sloppysmusic said:

I had to read the disclaimer for a laugh....

"VP3D does not make any warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to any information, data, statements or products made available on the Site. In short, VP3D does not come with any kind of warranty what so ever. "

"What

So

Ever"

:blink:

"VP3D" Honestly they sound so fake. Anyone would notice somethings fishy going on and its obvious when you look at the screenshots.

I'm laughing so hard at their claims, just to name a few: 
"FAA Approved!"
"Data from NASA!"

Also, look at their pricing. P3D v4.2 costs less than that, along with a PMDG 737NGX. Honestly, it's pathetic.

• Like 1

Virtual Pilot 3D is spamming and scamming again, this time advertising themselves first as Microsoft Flight sim with MS add-on aircraft, yet in the fine print offering a well known free program as payware for a "nominal charge".

It by no means compares to any of the flightsims on the market.

John

• Like 1