Sign in to follow this  
motoadve

Go Flight SECM doesnt work in Prepar 3D

Ignition works now and then, also flpas one or twice, and then nothing works.

Tried GoFlight support and its terrible, no answer to phone calls, replied to a message 1 month later, just asking if I was running Prepar 3 D as an administrator.

Windows 7 , 64 bit.

I dont think is fair to pay for a third party software to make a GoFlight module work, they should make the software themselves.

The Goflight software will only work with the Default aircraft and a small selection of third party aircraft, ifly, LvlD, PM etc. very limited in scope.

Goflight cannot possibly write drivers for every aircraft released so they stick to the FSX/P3D SDK and addons that provide their own SDK, except the PMDG stuff, for those you will need the GIT tool to get your MCP-Pro working.

The Goflight interface tool will allow you to program all your modules with all of your aircraft. small price to pay really.

Your choice, life is not fair. 

Problem is it also doesnt work properly with the default planes.

At least I expect it to work with them.

You need the GIT software.  Their support was excellent for me and everything works great.  

I like to think of go flight as a hardware company only - like a computer shipped without an operating system.  GIT is the operating system.  

I am using GIT with SECM (and almost all the other GF panels) very successfully with both default and non-default aircraft.

I thoroughly recommend it (and I have no relationship with the product or the company behind GIT, other than to be a very satisfied customer).

I'd be happy to help you with any config or bespoke configurations for your aircraft in P3D using GIT.

If GIt does not work then there is something wrong with your SECM,

GIT works, that much is not in doubt as many here use the software to program their Goflight hardware.

However, It is not an "out of the box" experience, there is work to be done on your part to create the bespoke events to enable the SECM with each of your third party aircraft but it does have the ability to apply settings to the default aircraft very easily.

You could equally just use Fsuipc's logging facilities to reveal the custom Lvars and write some Lua scrips to configure your SECM, but GIT is a much better and easier solution.

Bought the software and it wont even start, get some errors.

Microsoft.Net Frameworks

Im hating Go Flight  now, feel that I wasted $34 buying the software.

error_zps1qzrqn4p.png

Looks like you have some Simconnect and Dot.net issues on your system.

GIT and all my Goflight modules work fine here same as they do for many folks.

Start by reinstalling all the legacy simconnect files and repair your dot.net installs.

No issues on my part, the download was missing a file, they correct it.

Now starts and I have green lights including  simconnect/FSX

I select SECM but still doesnt work in Prepar 3D, 

The button "Default FS" will automatically configure the SECM with standard Simconnect Events and Variables. According to instructions, did that and no luck.