Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

question Best monitor for crisp acuity ?

I am using 3 asus non hd monitors with 2 980ti gtx cards.

I also have a asus hd monitor but i do not use it for fsx or p3d because i cannot get the color correct and the icons and text are too small. When i go to the highest resolution with that monitor i cannot read icons or text and things look very washed out , contract is terrible.

My problem is that  the asus monitors ..pb278 (non hd - 27" monitors ) ..create textures that  are not just not clear to me

But maybe its the programs or aircraft or VC .

Maybe its my old eyes but what my goal is to get the best acuity and clear textures in "vc" mode with planes i fly

Some of the more current aircraft are much  better than older stock fsx planes  but i still have allot of issues getting clarity in the vc.

I typically fly general aviation aircraft from Carenado, a2a , and sometimes commercial jets from pmdg and aerosoft

So im  sure allot of this will generate a myriad of different types of answers but to keep it simple im looking for a really good combination of monitor , using my two cards ( non sli ) in order to get super clear VC graphics.. Maybe some of you can share your best experiences and thoughts....

What does 'non hd - 27" monitors' mean? Crispness is a direct consequence of higher resolution (dpi) so that's where to look. The contrast and 'washed-out' appearance is a different problem that is unrelated to resolution and could be anything. From your description it sounds faulty or just set up poorly (or maybe you are using a refresh rate it doesn't support). You have discovered a downside to high resolution, which is that Windows looks really small. You can tweak this to make things scale up. I don't have P3D so it may or may not scale the GUI elements (I doubt it). Anything over about 90 dpi will look pretty sharp. I use this tool to compare.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

3 hours ago, MarkDH said:

What does 'non hd - 27" monitors' mean? Crispness is a direct consequence of higher resolution (dpi) so that's where to look. The contrast and 'washed-out' appearance is a different problem that is unrelated to resolution and could be anything. From your description it sounds faulty or just set up poorly (or maybe you are using a refresh rate it doesn't support). You have discovered a downside to high resolution, which is that Windows looks really small. You can tweak this to make things scale up. I don't have P3D so it may or may not scale the GUI elements (I doubt it). Anything over about 90 dpi will look pretty sharp. I use this tool to compare.

Sorry for not being clear... I have 3 27 monitors and 1 have one 4k 27 monitor 

i tried the 4k - 27 inch monitor. It looked washed out in fsx and p3d . The icons were very small . I scaled everything like icons , toolsbars but they were either way too small or not crisp. The contrast was awful and washed out. ( btw the monitor is really good for almost everything else other than flight sim stuff)

so that is why i asked the question. I was simply hoping for a really clear / readable image/picture when i bought that monitor

Thank you

Peter