Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

MCE Registration Problem

For some reason MCE doesn't seem to want to accept my registration code.  I just purchased it from FS Pilot Shop and when I enter it, and open the program it tells me that I need to purchase an activation code and that the trial period is now over.  Can someone help me please.

Rodger

Edit:  A pop up screen after entering the registration code says that a file containing the infromation provided has been saved to this path. C:\Program Files (x86)\MultiCrewExperience\registration.txt.  Hewever when I went to look at the file it is not there. 

41 minutes ago, C130FE said:

For some reason MCE doesn't seem to want to accept my registration code.  I just purchased it from FS Pilot Shop and when I enter it, and open the program it tells me that I need to purchase an activation code and that the trial period is now over.  Can someone help me please.

Rodger

Edit:  A pop up screen after entering the registration code says that a file containing the infromation provided has been saved to this path. C:\Program Files (x86)\MultiCrewExperience\registration.txt.  Hewever when I went to look at the file it is not there. 

If your system is set to hide file extensions, it would show up as "Registration".

Fill-out the required info and send it to register[at]multicrewxp.com.

Thanks

33 minutes ago, FS++ said:

If your system is set to hide file extensions, it would show up as "Registration".

Fill-out the required info and send it to register[at]multicrewxp.com.

Thanks

Sir there is no file showing as "Registration" either.  I sent all the info that was on the registration form where I put the registration code to the address you gave.  I hope it is what your looking for.  Thanks

Rodger

FS++ I have resolved the registration problem, but now that it is registered I cannot communicate with the co-pilot or ATC.  I can hear them both but neither ATC or the co-pilot respond to anything I say..  Do I have to go through the voice recognition again?  Don't know what to do.  Appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks

Rodger

16 minutes ago, C130FE said:

FS++ I have resolved the registration problem, but now that it is registered I cannot communicate with the co-pilot or ATC.  I can hear them both but neither ATC or the co-pilot respond to anything I say..  Do I have to go through the voice recognition again?  Don't know what to do.  Appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks

Rodger

Usually, that would be because the speech engine isn't set to listen on the relevant device.

Go to <About> tab in MCE user interface and check what devices are listed under "sound In" and "Sound Out".

If they happen to be incorrect, run our "assign sound device tool".

Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Assign sound device.

If running Windows 10, in search box, type "assign sound device" and it should find it.

Select correct Audio In and Out, click OK and wait for the wizard to make changes automatically if required.

Restart MCE and check again in <About> tab.

I assume you performed a minimum amount of speech training.

1 minute ago, FS++ said:

Usually, that would be because the speech engine isn't set to listen on the relevant device.

Go to <About> tab in MCE user interface and check what devices are listed under "sound In" and "Sound Out".

If running Windows 10, in search box, type "assign sound device" and it should find it.

Select correct Audio In and Out, click OK and wait for the wizard to make changes automatically if required.

Thanks for your help.  I'll try this procedure later on this evening.  Yes I went through the voice recognition procedure twice and it worked perfectly in the demo version prior to fixing the registration problem.

16 minutes ago, C130FE said:

Thanks for your help.  I'll try this procedure later on this evening.  Yes I went through the voice recognition procedure twice and it worked perfectly in the demo version prior to fixing the registration problem.

No need for speech training every time you install a new MCE version.

The trained speech profile is managed by Windows. It's only lost when you format the hard drive clean or delete the user account from that system.

Just keep in mind a speech profile is tied to 3 elements.

1 - A user voice

2 - A specific headset

3 - Specific ambient noise conditions at the PC location.

Change any of the above and technically the speech profile is no longer fit for purpose and must consider creating a new one in Windows Control panel. Make it active and train it from scratch when you acquire a new headset or move the PC to a room where prevailing background noise conditions are very different from previous location.

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

FS++ I did as you said and it works great with the co-pilot, but can't talk to ATC.  I have to use the mouse and ATC box.  I have a button on my yoke assigned and it worked in the demo.  It deleted it and put it back in but still doesn't work.  Any advice.  Thanks again.

Rodger

19 minutes ago, C130FE said:

FS++ I did as you said and it works great with the co-pilot, but can't talk to ATC.  I have to use the mouse and ATC box.  I have a button on my yoke assigned and it worked in the demo.  It deleted it and put it back in but still doesn't work.  Any advice.  Thanks again.

Rodger

The Demo is based on the Ultimate Edition which is being tweaked all the time.

For instance it has a slightly better PTT functionality.

Lite Edition will be updated in about 2 weeks to gain the same functionality found in Ultimate as far as Native ATC interaction is concerned.

For now, try transmitting swiftly, without too much hesitation.

FS++, I decided to do what I should've done to begin with.  Purchase the full version of MCE.  Guess I'll never learn. Looking forward to using the full version.

Thanks for your help.

i just bought multicrew lite, after installing i am sent to a registration page in c:/program files86 which contains info including my machine id number, apon clicking request registration, i am sent to a page which contains an empty notebook text page. i dont know what to do with it after i have filled in the information requested....can anyone help me get my registration ket for this add on....

1 hour ago, bigwilly said:

i just bought multicrew lite, after installing i am sent to a registration page in c:/program files86 which contains info including my machine id number, apon clicking request registration, i am sent to a page which contains an empty notebook text page. i dont know what to do with it after i have filled in the information requested....can anyone help me get my registration ket for this add on....

Will get you sorted via e-mail. Cheers.