Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

Fsdreamteam & Flightbeam sceneries

Just posting here to find out if anyone is experiencing this issue.

All my sceneries for the above are registered in the addon manager but yesterday upon landing at KPHX and today at KJFKv2 after long flights none of those airports displayed at all except for the jetways. Anyone knows why this happens? Thought of cheking here first, because I'm so mad that if go to their forum I may just say something unpolite.

Regards

This is usually an issue with couatl, whether it be an update or some kind of glitch (most likely). If you go into your Addon menu, there is an option to restart couatl.  That should fix it...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Also download and run the Standalone Manager.   This usually fixes any couatl issue.   Hopefully one day they move away from couatl which runs in background.   I know Flightbeam is getting rid of it ASAP. 

• Upvote 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

couatl has crashed twice for me lately...but i noticed it right away since GSX wasn't loading so i didn't waste a flight...however it always worked after restarting fsx.

if you are updated to the latest version and if you are having a lot of issues with it i'd suggest to copy the log and post it on their forums, getting mad will not solve it but posting crash logs will often get results :biggrin:

you can find the logfile usually in: Users/name/AppData/Roaming/Virtuali/couatl.err

good luck!

cheers,-andy crosby

This can happen as well if you activate a former deactivated scenery of them in the Scenery Library and then directly fly there without restarting the simulator. At least that happens to me with all the latest versions installed.

Best Regards

Frank

The good thing is that Flightbeam are updating their sceneries to disband with Couatl. Once this occurs then I will purchase a few. I've heard of the problems people have with the Couatl process.

1 hour ago, GrayP said:

The good thing is that Flightbeam are updating their sceneries to disband with Couatl.

That's the best news I've read all week..., oh man, I hope it's true.  The Flightbeam scenery is magnificent, it's the best I have among the best that others have to offer. The only downside was the despised couatl engine, which I would never let near my workstation were it not for Flightbeam.  I have several friends that won't touch Flightbeam because of couatl..., but I'm willing to put up with a week of crashes after every update because I'm retired and this is what I do.

• Upvote 3

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, downscc said:

the best news I've read all week..., oh man, I hope it's true.

Agreed, It's been hit and miss for me too with the couatl engine... unfortunately more misses and it just seems to cause issues so I just don't install anything that uses it. Maybe not the best fix as I don't get to use the products, but 100% less frustrating for me anyway in my playground. 

4 hours ago, downscc said:

... but I'm willing to put up with a week of crashes after every update because I'm retired and this is what I do.

This made my day.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

23 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

This made my day.

Mine too. And you need a lot of patience and resilience to stand at the FSDT forums.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

8 hours ago, mdata said:

This can happen as well if you activate a former deactivated scenery of them in the Scenery Library and then directly fly there without restarting the simulator. At least that happens to me with all the latest versions installed.

Best Regards

Frank

This is exactly the answer I was going to post.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I used to start gsx and then reload it where the scenery (fsdt scenery) would then load completely after only loading the gates prior. Didn't work all the time. I get gsx failure frequently because of couatl failing. Big pain in the butt.

O

:P Timothy Murphy

Wow! thanks for all the replies, didn't realize so many people have had issues with Couatl. Will follow the posted advice. Once again much obliged.

Regards

1 hour ago, ideoplastic said:

Wow! thanks for all the replies, didn't realize so many people have had issues with Couatl. Will follow the posted advice. Once again much obliged.

I have had one or two issues with it and, honestly, I'm not a fan, but it's normally been fairly stable.  It's just a pain when it happens.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I have had numerous crashes and unfortunately do not use my Flightbeam airports anymore.  Great news they are getting rid of Couatl.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.