Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

Fsdreamteam & Flightbeam sceneries

19 hours ago, mdata said:

This can happen as well if you activate a former deactivated scenery of them in the Scenery Library and then directly fly there without restarting the simulator. At least that happens to me with all the latest versions installed.

Best Regards

Frank

If you use sceneryconf editor and check a previously unchecked COUTI airport should you start then restart the sim? I have about given up on FSDT and Flightbeam though I have about eight of them. My problem of late has been no runway textures on landing.

Vic green

25 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

My problem of late has been no runway textures on landing.

I've seen this enough times to check the P3D Addon menu while enroute to make sure GSX is in the menu.  If it is missing then you will not have an airport when you get to a FSDT or Flightbeam location.  Runway textures included along with lights and of course terminal buildings.

Dan Downs KCRP

If you use sceneryconf editor and check a previously unchecked COUTI airport should you start then restart the sim? I have about given up on FSDT and Flightbeam though I have about eight of them. My problem of late has been no runway textures on landing.

The safest way (for me) to arrive at a "complete" FSDT airport is to make sure the sceneries I intend to fly to are acitvated beforehand I start P3D. In that case I edit the scenery.cfg manually with a text editor and simply set the property for the "Active=" parameter from False to True. It's a no brainer.

Beforehand:

[Area.454]
Title=CA-BC Vancouver International CYVR (FSDreamTeam)
Local=FsDreamTeam\CYVR
Layer=454
Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE

After:

[Area.454]
Title=CA-BC Vancouver International CYVR (FSDreamTeam)
Local=FsDreamTeam\CYVR
Layer=454
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Best

Frank

Edited by mdata

10 hours ago, GrayP said:

The posting I read is here

From Mir - "Just a note that we will be discontinuing the use of Addon Manager and Couatl starting this year."

http://flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2416

This is great to hear. I stopped buying scenery titles which use the Couatl engine some time ago. I have never been happy with this (imo) sloppy software, not to mention that it behaves on updates like we were in 20th century regarding download speed.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).