Sign in to follow this  
edan313

could not locate a valid fsx cfg location

Hey what's up people 

I have a error message when installing 737 ngx pack and it bothers me because i wasted money on it .

the error message is : could not locate a valid fsx cfg location

please help me :mellow:

It's probably looking for an installation of the original boxed version of FSX rather than the Steam version. You can create a dummy folder in order to fool the installation file into thinking you have an FSX boxed version installed on your machine, which is what it is looking for. So...

Go to this location on your PC:

C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft

There will be a folder in there called FSX-SE, which is where your FSX-SE config file is. The config file is called fsx_se. Copy that file. Now create a new folder and call it FSX (alongside the FSX-SE one), then paste that copied config file into the new folder you created, now rename the copied file which you just pasted into that new folder so it is called fsx. That should allow the installer to get started.

Note that if that does not solve the problem, you should probably post your query in the PMDG support forum, which is on this same site (scroll down a bit on the main forum page and you will find it). Note too that you need to put your full name on your support question when you post it in the PMDG support forum.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Looks like you are in a cold and dark situation!  What happens if you turn on the battery?  These

questions are best posted on the PMDG forum here or on the PMDG site itself.  That is.....after

properly registering there!:bengong::huh:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Sorry to be overly logical with this question........if  nothing works, can't start the engines and takeoff,

then how would you be able to see if the landing gear works?:huh:  Sign up for the PMDG forum.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

hey could you please help me it is my little brother birthday present, just give me a solution please

Solution is to register in the PMDG forum using your "authorization" number or code on your receipt. 

The people in the PMDG forums will have a better idea of what to tell you.

Charlie Aron

1 hour ago, charliearon said:

Solution is to register in the PMDG forum using your "authorization" number or code on your receipt. 

The people in the PMDG forums will have a better idea of what to tell you.

To clear up some misconceptions for the OP.

1.  There is no registration for the PMDG forum. If you're an Avsim member then you're already registered.

2. Never post your order numbers or similar on the PMDG forum. Only thing required is to sign your posts with first and last name.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator