Sign in to follow this  
ViperXBR

"FSX stopped responding" after 747 flights.

Greetings,

Just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this issue flying the 747 QOTSII?

So after any 747 flights, prior to and after the latest patches, while shutting down FSX-SE, it crashes every time with that error.

Here's my Windows Application log on the fault:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: kernel32.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23572, time stamp: 0x57fd0378
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00011359
Faulting process id: 0x1104
Faulting application start time: 0x01d29b617f7cbc02
Faulting application path: C:\Apps\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll
Report Id: 21348689-077e-11e7-a4fa-bcaec574c2bb

I've done a number of flights with the NGX (and other non-PMDG aircraft) and never had this issue while exiting.  I'm doing one now with the T7 just to test and I'll update, when finished, if I experience this fault.

Before I place a support ticket I thought I'd throw this out there and see.

Cheers!

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

3 hours ago, ViperXBR said:

Just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this issue

There are a least two threads on this forum about this subject. One person reported the issue was solved when he installed update 1. I don't believe the issue can be solved. I wouldn't even waste my time on a ticket to PMDG. For me this problem started with Beta 1 and has continued thru update 2. The flight is over. I wouldn't worry about it, 

7 hours ago, pcubine said:

There are a least two threads on this forum about this subject. One person reported the issue was solved when he installed update 1. I don't believe the issue can be solved. I wouldn't even waste my time on a ticket to PMDG. For me this problem started with Beta 1 and has continued thru update 2. The flight is over. I wouldn't worry about it, 

Interesting...  Ya well at some point, I've seen it in the past, if/when FSX doesn't shutdown cleanly, there's always a good chance of file corruption. 

7 hours ago, pcubine said:

I wouldn't even waste my time on a ticket to PMDG.

Why wouldn't I???   Paying over $125CDN and not using support.... ya right!  I'll use it.

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

12 hours ago, ViperXBR said:

I'm doing one now with the T7 just to test and I'll update, when finished, if I experience this fault.

Just an update, my 4hr 50min trip in the T7 ended without an issue.

The 747 seems to be the only one experiencing it.

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg