Sign in to follow this  
tecto

is this hardware will be able to handle FSX on MAX settings?

What he means is that P3D is not marketed, nor sold, as entertinment software. Theoretically at least, if anyone is using it for that purpose, they are in breach of the EULA, which sells it as specifically licensed as a software platform for academics or organisations using it for mission training. Of course everyone has roundly ignored that and bought it anyway to use for entertainment, and it seems LM don't appear to be too arsed about that, but the fact remains that most people who are using it for fun are not complying with the EULA.

To quote LM, P3D is: 'a visual simulation platform that brings immersive games-based technology to training, experiential learning and decision and performance support for non-government, government and commercial organizations'

DTG on the other hand, bought the same technology off MS specifically for game/entertainment purposes, which is why FSX-SE has a EULA that can be complied with by us lot.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

9 hours ago, rjfry said:

DTG Have now stated they are working on 64bit for the next flight simulator the cats out the bag on that, it`s also rumoured that P3D are working on the next update to be 64bit but until we see what it brings were in the dark so to speak.

Ok I understand. Do you know any potential dates of release?

Do you think Core i7-7700K is a good investment for the future?

hi justanotherpilot;

this comes directly from LM's site; Prepar3D is not to be used, offered, sold or distributed through markets or channels for use as a personal/consumer entertainment product.

You can find it directly under the table with all the different licenses.

To Tecto; now you are talking but don't go with the GTX1060 or that will bottleneck with that CPU, Gigabyte has the Ultra Durable mobo's and they come with a special program to control and OC the system at a very easy way if you don't know how to do it in the BIOS.

Herman

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no system that can handle "max settings" with those addons. No way. Even if you get decent performance, you'd get OOMs. That being said, with a I7-7700k and GTX 1070/1080 you can get a very nice looking simulator that runs well. If you go with FSX, go with FSX-SE and get the DX10 fixer. Shadows and bloom won't be as hard on performance. And you can get cockpit and cloud shadows as well.

Andre

• Upvote 2

Let me just re-inforce the above... "max settings" is an illusion.

And "64 bit" is vaporware at present.. great speculation and little else.

Andre's post tells you the configuration to aim for, using current technology. 

Don't save on the motherboard or memory either, get quality components and you will have a very nice system that runs FSX or P3D smoothly.

Bert

hopefully we will find out what DTG intension`s are soon Aimee from DTG in reply to Q1 announcement she said watch this space, and the intended 64bit was confirmed that's what they are working on, this was posted on the avsim DTG forum and steam forum. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

hopefully we will find out what DTG intension`s are soon Aimee from DTG in reply to Q1 announcement she said watch this space, and the intended 64bit was confirmed that's what they are working on, this was posted on the avsim DTG forum and steam forum. 

As I said:  "Vaporware"..

Bert

Guest JustanotherPilot
23 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Herman,

What do you mean by this? LM provides excellent support for all levels of Sim Pilots, they has been the case since way back when version 1 was released (now v3.4), they release updates and hotfixes when required and their forum offers all sorts of answers for everyone. It is a way better platform than FSX and SE(I have both) for tweaking and utilizing installed hardware and no more need to add improvement entries to the cfg file They are currently working on a 64 bit version which should be the game changer for flight simming professional and amateur alike. I think you have been misinformed.

steve

I withdraw this, in what appears to be an inaccurate post. I have learned my lesson.