Sign in to follow this  
johnnyxtheman

bearingt distance

hi.

I have a problem setting up a bearing/distance waipoint in the flight plan approach on LOWI airport.

here is what i did:

i hit on INN on legs page to copy it in scratchpad .

than added 264/+6 so it looks like: INN264/+6, and putted it under the org INN waipoint and becomes INN01.

BUT... the bearing is 275 on the legs page and shows also on the ND where it is almort in the path of the runway

tried an other bearing like 200 but still keeps setting it on 275 beering ...

is this a bug ?? or....

has somebody als this problem ?

please help..

56 minutes ago, johnnyxtheman said:

please help..

Drop the + sign and see if that works. Enter INN264/6.

1 hour ago, johnnyxtheman said:

is this a bug ?? or....

Please do not fire off immediately with a question of a bug without first checking to see if you are correct. This is particularly true when we give you tutorials with examples on how to properly enter this sort of information (the NGX Tutorial #2, specifically).

Just because a function is not giving you the result you're expecting does not mean it's a bug. The sim community seems overly prone to immediately jumping to "this is a bug," and it should really stop.

Full names in the forum please - first and last.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

6 hours ago, johnnyxtheman said:

tried an other bearing like 200 but still keeps setting it on 275 beering ...

Hi,

I'm away from my sim computer but by any chance wouldn't the magnetic route between INN and the next waypoint be 275?

I second Michael on that you entry is wrong with the plus sign. My guess is that the INN264/+6 is interpreted as INN/+6 which gives you a pseudo-waypoint 6nm past INN on the leg INN-[next waypoint].

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Should the FMC accept a "point bearing" waypoint entry or "along track" entry in that format? Or should you get a INVALID ENTRY message? (I don't know)

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

4 hours ago, Qavion2 said:

Should the FMC accept a "point bearing" waypoint entry or "along track" entry in that format? Or should you get a INVALID ENTRY message? (I don't know)

The CDU will accept both Place distance, and place bearing distance.   If you want a point along your route in this case would be INN/6 for positive or INN/-6 for before the point.  For place bearing distance it would be INN264/6.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

38 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

The CDU will accept both Place distance, and place bearing distance.

Thanks, but I meant in that format with a plus sign in front of the distance.. .i.e. INN246/+6 for a place bearing distance.

My manuals only mention "along track" waypoints in the format "INN/6", "INN/+6" and INN/-6, not "INN246/+6"

6 minutes ago, Qavion2 said:

not "INN246/+6"

I just stuck MOGLI332/+6 on flight I am doing right now. Once entered into the legs it shows up as MOG02. Airplane didn't fall out of the sky or start doing 360s between MOGLI and MOG02 so it must be okay.

29 minutes ago, Qavion2 said:

Thanks, but I meant in that format with a plus sign in front of the distance.. .i.e. INN246/+6 for a place bearing distance.

My manuals only mention "along track" waypoints in the format "INN/6", "INN/+6" and INN/-6, not "INN246/+6"

That is why I mentioned both options. He specifically asked about making an off route point.  

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

8 hours ago, pcubine said:

I just stuck MOGLI332/+6 on flight I am doing right now. Once entered into the legs it shows up as MOG02. Airplane didn't fall out of the sky or start doing 360s between MOGLI and MOG02 so it must be okay.

I just stuck a pilot-created waypoint in that format in another sim and it showed INVALID ENTRY. I assume you weren't on a real 744 flight when you entered that, Michael?

8 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

That is why I mentioned both options. He specifically asked about making an off route point.  

I mentioned the along-track waypoint because Romain suggested that v3 might be interpreting the entry that way.

I just want to know what the real aircraft would do :cool:

2 minutes ago, Qavion2 said:

I assume you weren't on a real 744 flight when you entered that, Michael?

Not on a real 744 but on real PMDG 744 flight from ELLX to KHSV.

4 hours ago, Qavion2 said:

I just want to know what the real aircraft would do :cool:

Thats what I thought I just told you. :huh:

beta.gif   

My Liveries

3 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

Thats what I thought I just told you. :huh:

Sorry, I must have missed it. You said "For place bearing distance it would be INN264/6."

Did you tell me what would happen if you entered "INN264/+6 on the real aircraft?

Thanks.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Qavion2 said:

Sorry, I must have missed it. You said "For place bearing distance it would be INN264/6."

Did you tell me what would happen if you entered "INN264/+6 on the real aircraft?

Thanks.

Cheers

I'll try one in a bit when we are in the air.  I'm not sure if + would work. We don't add one...only the - when needed.

• Upvote 1

beta.gif   

My Liveries

THANKS GUYS !!!

all is  very clear now.

i made the mistake  to put i a WI005 waypoint where the runway is straight ahead, and comes after INN .

so when i wanted a reference line to make the turn, it made it on the bearing from the already existing waypoint which had the bearing 275.

so now i choose an other appr RW08 VFR, which have to made the appr manually and did the INN264/+6 and INN264/6 and BOTH WORKS !!

now comes an other question in mind... what if i need to set a waipoint outside the flight plan ?

should that not be "xxxxbearing/distance / xxxx " ? (only 1 waypoint between  2 others outside the flight plan)

if i read correctly the manual that's should be an OFFSET bearing but don't remember right now so have read it again ... FUN ISN'T  IT ..

and you right SCANDINAVIAN 13, IT was not a bug. so wound say this again about any problem in the future.

so thanks again guys !!!