Sign in to follow this  
pete_agreatguy

UK2000 Scenery 1-8 for FS9 has gone Freeware!

Hi all,

I'd thought I'd announce this. For those who are still using FS9, UK2000 Scenery Parts 1 to 8 [not the extreme series] is now freeware:

http://www.uk2000scenery.com/newsite/My_Homepage_Files/Page23.html

Highly recommended! If an admin could sticky this please, we all would benefit :)

You can download up to date afcads from here [direct link and it includes Parts 1 to 8].

More comprehensive AFCADs can be found in the avsim library (my EGNM afcad).

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

Read fully before doing anything!

1) Install all Parts (including bonus files) in sequential order (i.e. Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 5 bonus etc ...) ... exit the Add scenery to fs program after each install and do not run FS9.

2) Run the Add scenery to fs program after Part 8 ... add each scenery in order with your personal preferences

3) Update the AFCAD files you downloaded (see this readme file)

4) Run FS9 and enjoy :)

Important notes: From what I can tell, the executables include all prior updates that were applied to these products :)

Thanks Pete, they've been freeware for almost a year now but this is still a good reminder for anyone who didn't know.

• Upvote 1

Just now, A32xx said:

Thanks Pete, they've been freeware for almost a year now but this is still a good reminder for anyone who didn't know.

HAHAHAH! I feel so embarrassed right now.

I just visited the site in like over 2 years so lol.

5 minutes ago, neumanix said:

I didn't know about this, so thank you. Will try these out.

Certainly worth it. Considering when they were initially released I paid like £20 for each part.

Static Aircraft Issues after running scenery setup program [solution]

Why are there still static aircraft models, AFTER I selected no static?
The ‘No static’ option in the installer is only meant for large airports like Gatwick, Birmingham etc. If you want to remove smaller airport static like Bournemouth and Norwich then you need to manually delete the file that generates them. For Bournemouth it would be “eghhstat.bgl”, or Norwich would be “egshaircraft.bgl”.

For example with Part 2, at EGGB (Bristol) and EGTE (Exeter) there are static aircraft regardless of selecting no static aircraft within the scenery setup program.

1) Make sure FS9 is NOT running, if it is then close it!

2) Navigate to the following folder:

...\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\uk2000 scenery\uk2000 part 2\scenery

3) Delete [or rename to be safe] the files: "egtestat.bgl" and "eggbstat.bgl" (they may include numbers). If renaming I suggest add the prefix ".backup" to the filename (e.g. egtestat.bgl.backup).

Hope this helps others :)

I have been tempted to install these but would like to know how they coexist with the more recent extreme series (EGLL EGKK EGCC etc.) as some areas overlap.

Has anybody found any problem?

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, jetlag said:

I have been tempted to install these but would like to know how they coexist with the more recent extreme series (EGLL EGKK EGCC etc.) as some areas overlap.

Has anybody found any problem?

Thanks.

They work together fine.

When you install extreme versions, all you need to do is delete the old uk2000 Parts 1 - 8 bgl files for the airport you are replacing (e.g. Birmingham you would go to "...\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\uk2000 scenery\uk2000 part 5\scenery" and delete all BGL files that start with "egbb") :)

In case anyone wants them, I've uploaded the up to date AFCADs from my backups I had. These are the 19.11.2005 ones (download). You can probably still get more up to date ones from the avsim library. I highly recommend my EGNM one for everyone also.

On 3/18/2017 at 6:25 PM, pete_agreatguy said:

In case anyone wants them, I've uploaded the up to date AFCADs from my backups I had. These are the 19.11.2005 ones (download). You can probably still get more up to date ones from the avsim library. I highly recommend my EGNM one for everyone also.

I've created a setup.exe to install the up to date AFCAD files as the original no longer works for some reason.

You can download them here. Follow instructions to the letter otherwise you will have issues. I'll keep this uploaded for as long as I have the space on my Google Drive.

Tried going to the site for the freeware sceneries but the page is no longer. Anyone know where I can get them now?

Can anybody explain me the difference between these freeware sceneries and the extreme sceneries? I mean some sceneries coincide the extreme ones, so what's basically different?
Thanks

• Upvote 1