Sign in to follow this  
RJC68

Xplane 11 FPS and Smoothness Boost

I came across this video regarding a piece of free software called Process Lasso. It looks very interesting and I want to give it a try, Not sure how it will work with my i5 3570K which only has 4 physical cores and no hyperthreading.

Has anyone tried moving X-Plane to cores 2,3,& 4 while leaving all other processes on core 1 on a similar processor?

I'll hopefully get a chance to experiment this weekend.

• Upvote 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I have used Lasso for a couple of years and had good performance with P3D, never tried XP11. Will try and will report back.

OK, just had a bit of playing around and have seen a nice boost in smoothness compared to all cores being used.

I7 4770K at 4.2

I Set Lasso to ONLY use 2,3,6,7. Flight sim can be a funny beast but on 3 reloads(2 with this setup and 1 with original cores) does make a difference on smoothness. Using pb15

D.

1 hour ago, diddy64 said:

I have used Lasso for a couple of years and had good performance with P3D, never tried XP11. Will try and will report back.

OK, just had a bit of playing around and have seen a nice boost in smoothness compared to all cores being used.

I7 4770K at 4.2

I Set Lasso to ONLY use 2,3,6,7. Flight sim can be a funny beast but on 3 reloads(2 with this setup and 1 with original cores) does make a difference on smoothness. Using pb15

D.

Good to know,

I do not have the luxury of hyper threading and only have 4 physical cores to play with. When I get a chance I am going to see how it performs with X-Plane using cores 2,3 & 4 with all the other system resources using core 1

Hopefully others will chime in with their experiences 

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

46 minutes ago, Richdem said:

Good to know,

I do not have the luxury of hyper threading and only have 4 physical cores to play with. When I get a chance I am going to see how it performs with X-Plane using cores 2,3 & 4 with all the other system resources using core 1

Hopefully others will chime in with their experiences 

What cpu are you running? 

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

29 minutes ago, Jimm said:

What cpu are you running? 

I have an i5 3570K @ 4.7 (Water cooled) I know it is getting a l little long in the tooth but it seems to pair well with my 980 TI STRIX

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

I have it and its a very neat tool with lots of options for customization, can't do with out it anymore, you also get lifetime updates.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I swear by Process Lasso.  It has helped me for years get the very best out P3D/FSX.   Didn't even think to try it on X-Plane 11.   We'll have to give this a shot.

• Upvote 1

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

A little tip:  If you had great frames with P3D, there is no reason to even use this in X-Plane.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Snake oil?

One can also lock a process to specific cores in windows task manager. Doing so does not seem to make any noticeable difference on my PC. 

I have to agree with above observations. I don't see any improvements at all XP.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

I have used it for years.   And it really helps with P3D but I am seeing very little impact on XP11.   I need a 12gig graphics card to get rid of my stutters as I have the entire US in Ortho and its murder on the 4gigs of RAM in the GTX 980.   1080ti will be mine.. as soon as they are actually in stock.  lol

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy