Sign in to follow this  
Mike_G

FS People

I wonder if there is a developer working on simulating people in FS. I recently purchased Mega-Airport Frankfurt, which is a wonderful add on, with extensive animation of trucks, buses, and cars on the autobahn. But imagine how much more real it would seem if there were small groups of people working on the tarmac, and passengers moving inside the terminal. Fly low over a village and you might catch a glimpse of people in the street or on the way to the pub. Yes, I know it's a flight simulator, and as such it's primary aim should be to provide as real a flying experience as possible - but, like scenery, I'm sure an add on like this would add enormously to the fun of FS. You could also check the quality of your flying by entering the passenger cabin to see how green the passengers looked.Maybe one day.Mike

If you want to give your Corn Cob Pipe and MacArthur glasses a go, there's a freeware airport for the Philippines (forget the name) that includes people moving around the ramp area.The scenery was done by Vers Walter, who is probably one of the best designers around.The moving people aren't perfect, but it does add a lot of life to the airport.Speaking of people, I hope this is something that FS X allows as an option.The ramp needs life!Bryan

Guest aarskringspier

FlyTampa Midway has moving people in the terminal

Thanks Bryan and Randy for your info. I think the Philippine airport that you mentioned may be Butuan Bancasi - from a file search I found that Ver Walter Gulfan has worked on several airport sceneries. Also, Fly Tampa Midway is on my wanted list (I have their KSFO and KSAN) so hopefully will see those 'passengers' sometime!Mike

You might also check some of the Georender sceneries. Their Orcas Island, for example, features animated people.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Guest mdamstel

Aerosoft Gibraltar has moving soccer players near the airport!

Guest Simicro

To my knwoledge Emma Field was the first scenery to include moving people.

Guest koorby

Well the offical FSX trailer features oil rig workers moving and waving arms on the burning platform in a chopper rescue mission, so I guess your answer is there :)

3D people in scenery is an easy option. Most don't add them as it takes a little more detail for them to look right and that can take up resources. I have some in my modern military objects (mcdmil.zip) for EZScenery, some animated.With the added animation options in FSX we'll be able to do more with them. Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/tfbeta.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/151230.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest jboweruk

S10 Chelan Muni. from FSAddon has a family playing with a dog and having a picnic. Pretty spectacular scenery too, especially when you're landing and see a tumbleweed cross the runway. . .