Sign in to follow this  
Gixxar

X-Plane Weather

If I point the weather to my X-Plane directory where the METAR.rwx file is I get weather not available? If I use NOAA Weather it works OK?

The only reason for pointing to the METAR.rwx directory is to use the X-Plane SIM weather that can be set manually.  If you are using real weather in X-Plane, the you should choose NOAA Weather.

If you have set the option to use X-Plane Weather, please email me your METAR.rwx file and the airport you are trying to get weather for and I'll see if I can figure out why you're not getting it.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi There - downloaded trial today - looks great. I am using xenviro too - wondered if you had an update on this?

I believe Xenviro writes the same METAR.rwx file to disk.  Have you tried using the X-Plane Weather option?

Of course, if you are using Real Weather with Xenviro, you can just use NOAA weather in Pilot2ATC and set the refresh time to the same as you have set in Xenviro.

If you could, look in your X-Plane root folder and let me know if you find a METAR.rwx file.  Or, if one exists in another directory, let me know that also.

If you email me the file, I can check to see if the format is compatible. 

Dave

Hi

I'm not being  able to inject the right weather conditions into Pilot2Atc lately. Since some weeks ago Pilot2Atc is giving me always the standard 29.92/1013 QNH in all the airports and even the same runway for departure regardeless of the date or the airport or the meteorological data provided by the simulator. I'm referring to X-Plane (it happens both XP-10 and XP-11) and I'm using X-Enviro, but the results are the same even if I don't use it. MyPilot2Atc configuration is as follows:

-Pilot2Atc updated to the last 2210 versión.

- In the ATC settings tab, I have checked it with the "Pilot2Atc provides ATIS" option, both ticked and unticked.

-The WX settings tab has the "SIM WEATHER" option ticked, as I'm not a NOOA real Weather or ASW or OPUS or FSRW or REX weather user and consequently I don't know what other option I can use, and it's always pointing to my X-Plane root folder (X or XI)

-I have XPUIPC version 2.0.4.7 installed.

Don't know what else could I try, so any help would be highly appreciated.

Cheers and thanks in advance

FINAL NOTE: Ok, I've been reading the previous posts here and so I will try it by setting NOAA Weather in the Pilot2ATC configuration and see how it behaves. I'm sorry if I have been too rushing.

Hi again

I've been doing some tests and you were right, Pilot2Atc does his job with the weather set to NOA. It's even giving me the QNH with it.

Thanks a lot.

Brilliant, i will try this too - Dave i will send you the Metar file tonight. You said email, which address do i use?

Can report that Noah works perfectly for me as well, I wont have metar file for you tonight as there is probably no point with me using Noah.

Great program, i got the export to work to Jar airbus by using aerosoft import from simbrief and text export to JAR 

4 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

That would be great Lee.

I would like to see if it is different from the standard X-Plane METAR.rwx file.

Dave

Sent