Sign in to follow this  
Gixxar

X-Plane Weather

Hi! I am sorry for digging out the old topic. I am trying to force p2atc and X-Plane to use custom weather. It is written in the p2atc manual that I must explicitly point to the folder containing METAR file. Mine problem is that I couldn't find any! It works with NOAA weather set both in X-Plane 11 and p2atc (X-Plane 11.32, p2atc latest (2.0.5.7?) trial), but there is no METAR.rwx file... What exactly should I do to be able to tune the weather in X-Plane and pass that to p2atc? I am sorry again for such a question, I have been googling for a couple of days already and found no answer... Please, help me! Thank you in advance!

P.S. I realized just this second that I haven't checked if the weather is actually the same in X-Plane and p2atc...

The METAR.rwx file is located in the X-Plane root folder.

If you set XP to use Real Weather, and be sure to "Download now", then it should generate that file.

Also, if XPlane is using real weather, then setting P2A to NOAA will give similar, but not identical, results since both would be using NOAA but pulling updates at slightly different times.

1 minute ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

The METAR.rwx file is located in the X-Plane root folder.

If you set XP to use Real Weather, and be sure to "Download now", then it should generate that file.

Also, if XPlane is using real weather, then setting P2A to NOAA will give similar, but not identical, results since both would be using NOAA but pulling updates at slightly different times.

Hi, Dave! Thanks for a reply! When I have the file, does it mean that my latter modifications to it implemented by customizing weather in X-Plane would be saved to the same file? I am sorry for such a basic questions, I was not able to find the answer online for some reason...

Thanks,

Ivan

Hi!

Just to share my experience if anyone would run into the same problem: update X-plane to 11.32, this fixes http/https issue with downloading METAR files...

Thank, Dave!

Ivan

Hi there, 

I have the same issue as had ivizot. I run xplane 11 on Win 10 and do not have any external weather plugin installed. I change my weather from within xplane to practice different scenarios i.e. crosswind landings, pattern work, short cross country ect and I would like to use Pilot2Atc to use the same weather as I set in xplane.  

When I try to set up Pilot2ATC and point it towards the root folder of xplane 11 (i.e. C:\X-Plane 11) I still get the message that the metar.rwx file is missing. Now I have searched the whole Xplane 11 folder for this file and it does not exist. So I am wondering what I am doing wrong? Is it evern posible to use the "stock" weather from xplane 11 for Pilot2ATC?

Thanks a million in advance

Jo