Sign in to follow this  
walfob

Speedbird Callouts for BA747's

I seem to have lost my 'Speedbird' callouts on ATC for the British Airways 747's in QOTSii. The airline callouts are there for all the other 747 liveries, and, as far as I can recall, they are included in all the other PMDG aircraft  - 777 and MD11.

Is this a query for FSX or can PMDG sort it?

Thanks

Bernard Walford

When you're in the "Select Aircraft" screen and you select your BA livery, click "Details" and in the "Callsign" drop down menu, make sure SPEEDBIRD is selected.

Thank you, Adam, for taking the trouble to respond. When I checked the "Details" in the "Callsign" drop down menu "SPEEDBIRD" was already selected, but when I reconfirmed the "Callsign" all sorts of weird behaviour commenced on start up.

Like, I got a whole load of Windows updates to install, and I lost all my sound!

I've recovered to the original position, but I'm now working on the old American management principle that I learnt about 30 years ago in Hong Kong that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" - so I'm leaving things as they are and going with the "12 heavy" callsign instead of "Speedbird 12" on the 747. 

Maybe a later update will address this.

Bernard Walford

Okay, try this...in your root FSX directory, check for a file called "Airlines.cfg." Open it up and see if "SPEEDBIRD" is there. It should be because I'm pretty sure that's what drives the dropdown in the FSX menu. If it isn't there, you can add it.

Another thing you can try is to download and install "Edit VoicePack X." It's a freeware tool that adds a bunch of callsigns and allows you to speed up the FSX ATC voices. You can also add callsigns with it. "SPEEDBIRD" is one of the callsigns that comes with EVP. If you already have EVP, you might try reinstalling it as it sounds as if your BAW callsign has become corrupt.

I'm a little crazy, but I would certainly call your sound "broke" so I would force myself to pursue a "fix." 

Again, thank you.

The first thing I checked was my "Airlines.cfg" in Sim Objects and "Speedbird" is down as the atc.airline callout for the BA747's. 

I don't have "Edit VoicePack" but what I don't understand is that I've got "Speedbird" callout for all my other PMDG aircraft - 777 and MD11. Why not for 747 QOTSii?

Will "Edit VoicePack" as a standalone be needed for QOTSii? 

Bernard Walford

In the aircraft.cfg, what do you have under atc_airline=. Then check to see what you have for that same line in an aircraft that works. I don't know iff hand what it's supposed to be, but as far as the simulator is concerned, there will be a difference between "Speedbird" vs. "Speed bird."

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

14 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

but as far as the simulator is concerned, there will be a difference between "Speedbird" vs. "Speed bird."

That's it Captain Kevin - simple!

You've to change the aircraft.cfg at line atc_airline=Speedbird" to "Speed Bird" to get the British Airways 747 callouts.

Many thanks.

Bernard Walford

Just FYI, what you type in the "atc_airline=" field in the .cfg will be what displays in the "Select Aircraft" details screen by default, and vice versa.