Sign in to follow this  
d.tsakiris

Two Issues With PF3

Hi everybody,

I have two issues using MCE with PF3; one minor and one major.

Minor: After take-off, tower hands me off to departure. I read back, switch frequencies - and departure immediately acknowledges, without me saying a thing. MCE must be pressing a key too many here.

Major: After a few minutes flight, MCE stops reacting to the PTT button, both joystick and "Del" key. When that happens, I switch from fullscreen to windowed mode to check MCE. Sometimes the program is responsive, sometimes it isn't. I kill and restart it and everything is back to normal, but only for a while. Is there a setting I can change?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

9 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Hi everybody,

Minor: After take-off, tower hands me off to departure. I read back, switch frequencies - and departure immediately acknowledges, without me saying a thing. MCE must be pressing a key too many here.

Major: After a few minutes flight, MCE stops reacting to the PTT button, both joystick and "Del" key. When that happens, I switch from fullscreen to windowed mode to check MCE. Sometimes the program is responsive, sometimes it isn't. I kill and restart it and everything is back to normal, but only for a while. Is there a setting I can change?

Hi

Re the Minor problem you have;

I have not used MCE for a while ( lost my quiet sim room (house fire!), so cannot use voice recognition in the noisy place I now live in). So for the time being I am using PF3 with standard reply keys only.

I have noticed when switching frequency to departure, that departure immediately replies before I have a chance to press the "0" key to check in. So I think this may actually be a PF3 issue, not a case of MCE sending a key too many times.

Rob

Robin Harris

Rob,

sorry to hear about your house. Thanks for the lead, I will give that a try!

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

On 3/15/2017 at 8:44 PM, d.tsakiris said:

Hi everybody,

Suggest you update to latest released today and we'll take it from there. There is a slightly better PTT functionality in this one.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

This package also adds supports for PMDG B747 QOTS II

Roger, will test the new version!

Best regards, Dimitrios

So, I've only absolved one flight with the new version, but I didn't have any MCE freeze-ups! Hoping it will stay that way! Thanks!

Best regards, Dimitrios

So, the problems are back. :(

After take-off, when tower handed me off to departure, I acknowledged it with PF3's hotkey instead of talking through MCE, and when I dialed in the frequency, there was no "automatic" contact, I had to do it myself.

Later MCE froze on me again: At first, I noticed the background sound when pressing the PTT was gone. MCE at first continued to be responsive, but after a little while, maybe 20 - 30 seconds, it froze. Had to kill and re-start it.

Anything I can do?

Best regards, Dimitrios

On 3/26/2017 at 6:13 PM, d.tsakiris said:

So, the problems are back. :(

After take-off, when tower handed me off to departure, I acknowledged it with PF3's hotkey instead of talking through MCE, and when I dialed in the frequency, there was no "automatic" contact, I had to do it myself.

Later MCE froze on me again: At first, I noticed the background sound when pressing the PTT was gone. MCE at first continued to be responsive, but after a little while, maybe 20 - 30 seconds, it froze. Had to kill and re-start it.

Anything I can do?

Should see some improvement with latest uploaded package(V2.7.06). Definitely more reliable PTT functionality.

Download MCE here

Roger, will give it a spin and report back!

Best regards, Dimitrios

6 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Roger, will give it a spin and report back!

I'd be interested in your result. 

I don't have PF3 but may splash out in the future?

As for MCE 2.7.06, I must report that I can now PTT, with Radar Contact v4, in the middle of a MCE flow being executed by the first officer! This previously caused RC4 to stop working. I always had to wait for the flow to finish before using PTT. Given the nagging RC4 does, I inevitably got the irritating comment "Sir if you need any special help we can meet you at the gate....."! 

This superb update now makes RC4 more realistic from the PTT point of view. Your FO working away on a flow whilst you (Captain) deal with ATC!

Nice work!:-)

Regards

David

Did a little testing yesterday evening, and MCE froze on me again, this time almost immediately after start-up... :(

Best regards, Dimitrios

I just had a sim crash and then my MCE wouldn't work correctly, I did a MCE system reset and now I have had two occasions in one flight of MCE freezing.

Rob

Hi,

Well, I did not manage to make a single flight without MCE freezing/crashing (V2.7.0.6) + PF3 last version.

Everytime before MCE does freeze, the copilot asks me to confirm a command (any), which I do by answering yes or by repeating the command then MCE crash !

My config is in my signature and of course all programs run like administrator + Uac deactivated (W7) from the day one !

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I also have the feeling MCE freezes after voice inputs (in my case to ATC = PF3, as I've been flying smaller aircraft lately). It's as if MCE can't process it.

Best regards, Dimitrios

Hi,

Thought i was the only 1.

Made 1 flight, had to restart MCE,  6 times.

Given commands were seen in red lines but not executed. (single commands as well flows.).

PF3, fsx

Best regards John

John Cramer