Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

XP11 pb15 lighting and autogen tests... Wow!!!

Guest Mik75

Absolutely stunning! This is defintely the most advanced flight sim when it comes to realisitc visuals!

dhj6e0wgbqzsngq9s.jpg
dhj6bm1jf5f2c46ww.jpg
dhj6bs63l1nxszwn4.jpg
dhj6by318lv07puyo.jpg
dhj6c3dey3uenteyo.jpg
dhj6c9r7okiabg83k.jpg
dhj6chjsq9m3tqznk.jpg
dhj6cozv1r8edaolc.jpg
dhj6cuf191kdov0g0.jpg

Pretty bold statement when you hadn't specified your test environment.  Since this is a Beta, it would be courteous to letting us know what you have running.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

And with the right blend of W2XP and Ortho4XP it gets even better!

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Incredable detail in the cities....I see stop signs street signs sidewalks...very nice shots!

HLJAMES

Looks great, if only I could figure out why I get 10fps with those visuals on a 5ghz 6700k,1080 gtx and 32 gb of ddr4......

I can hear the moaning and nashing of teeth now... the colors look pretty bland to me.

Looking good.   I was a hardcore P3D guy but I haven't touched it in weeks.  I've been in X-Plane 11 exclusively with the IEXG 737 and building my Ortho library.    Quite frankly, P3D's autogen system is garbage compared to what X-Plane's OpenGL engine can pump out and I don't suspect that will change, even with 64-bit P3D unless the rendering engine itself is changed to support plane to horizon Autogen like XP11 can do.   It's just a whole different beast than P3D.   I just wish it had the same 3rd Party scenery support for airports.

• Upvote 1

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Guest Mik75

Thanks for commenting guys! I know, everyone's taste is different, I am only expressing my own opinion here. For me, it's very clear, all of this looks absolutely amazing, especially considering the fact, that the scenery is all stock. The clouds come from SMP4 in these shots. But other than that, it's just XP11 pb15 stock scenery with objects set to maximum and shadows on.

My main sim is still XPX, but with every new XP11 beta release, I have another look at its progress, and I'm pretty sure, that XP11, once final, will be an outstanding sim! 

And sorry for not mentioning the technical specs, but this post is actually just about the visuals. But for those who are curious, I am running an i5 3570k@4.3, 16GB CL9 RAM, GTX1070, Win 7 64bit, all SSD. FPS were around 24 (in the not too good working FF T7 and Peters Aircraft very nicely flying A320neo in beta phase) and 25-50 in the default Cessna. Locations in the shots are around Geneva, Frankfurt and Cologne. 

Smashing shots from a super looking XP11! I especially love the great detail in shot 4 from above - very, very realistic!

Guest Mik75
31 minutes ago, Pascal_LSGC said:

Haha, I never noticed Austin's head on the back of the truck ! :biggrin:

Great shots !

Pascal

Yeah, be aware, he's watching you! ;-)

Great looking set of shots!  I agree, X-Plane 11 is the best looking sim.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Guest Mik75
1 hour ago, pugilist2 said:

Great looking set of shots!  I agree, X-Plane 11 is the best looking sim.

Thanks a lot! And I have to agree... ;-)

Wow those are incredible shots, XP11 has definitely become my main sim. With the new beta the default clouds and shadowing look incredible. Just like in real life as you climb out of the overcast layer things get brighter, it really gives you the feeling of being a pilot. 

Bit more proof why this will be my only flightsim - no looking back - great stuff Mike 

Rich Sennett